In libraries, do they put the bible in the fiction or non-fiction section?

TheArcheaon

There is a thing called religion section in libraries.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

My library doesn't have a religious section, it gets put in the non-fiction. >_>

There is a thing called religion section in libraries.

triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3k

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

I got curious on this. 

what do you guys think? Be serious, don't goof off. >_> 

Have you ever been to a library? That's not how libraries are organized, they don't just divide it into fiction and non-fiction and then hope somehow people find what they're looking for. I mean, do you think they would put something like Hamlet in a "fiction" section as well? So people who are looking for the Bible would stumble upon Shakespearean literature instead?

Libraries are divided into several different sections such as science fiction, travel, literature, etc. and the Bible would be filed under religion.

My library doesn't have a religious section, it gets put in the non-fiction. >_>

Have you ever been to a library? That's not how libraries are organized, they don't just divide it into fiction and non-fiction and then hope somehow people find what they're looking for. I mean, do you think they would put something like Hamlet in a "fiction" section as well? So people who are looking for the Bible would stumble upon Shakespearean literature instead?

Libraries are divided into several different sections such as science fiction, travel, literature, etc. and the Bible would be filed under religion.

-_- Yes I've been to a library, that's one of the main reasons why I started this post. Because I was wondering if other people had libraries that did the same thing. 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

I got curious on this. 

what do you guys think? Be serious, don't goof off. >_> 

Don't insult my religion, I really really really try to not be the "average" christian deuchebag. I'm fine with cursing thats all just fucking fine. But don't you dare come onto the ltt forum and make troll posts.

And if you still think that I am just a stuck up churchboy

I thought this was pretty funny

482200_10151532633159802_1780816994_n.pn

Just don't be a dick and we'll be cool bro. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

That's just sad.  Religion is a reality in this world, whether one believes, agree with it or not.  Then again, ignorance is bliss.

Nah, some libraries just have a different focus and there's no point in having a whole section for just a few religious books. I'm not going to find any religious, historical or science fiction book/text in my university's library. I don't think my highschool's library had a religious section either.

However I very very very very very much doubt there's a "non-fiction" section in any library, it does not make any sense from an organizational point of view.

bs

Right.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

this is a troll topic, dont post troll topics...

This is actually a very serious topic >_<

The-troll-is.jpg

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Don't insult my religion, I really really really try to not be the "average" christian deuchebag. I'm fine with cursing thats all just fucking fine. But don't you dare come onto the ltt forum and make troll posts.

And if you still think that I am just a stuck up churchboy

I thought this was pretty funny

Just don't be a dick and we'll be cool bro. 

>_< I'm not trying to be offensive towards other religions (I'm baptist) and i'm religous and I'm very serious when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I was wanting to know if other people had libraries that did have the same thing, or if it didn't. Because there is a library in Saint louis (about 10 miles away from where I live) where they have a gigantic religious section, and its bull that my library doesn't even get one -_-

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

this topic is absolutely useless! the Bible is classified under religous/culture section. btw, it is the most historically accurate book ever written. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

>_< I'm not trying to be offensive towards other religions (I'm baptist) and i'm religous and I'm very serious when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I was wanting to know if other people had libraries that did have the same thing, or if it didn't. Because there is a library in Saint louis (about 10 miles away from where I live) where they have a gigantic religious section, and its bull that my library doesn't even get one -_-

ok I understand now

but you do know, that posts in off topic don't count twords your post count? 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

ok I understand now

but you do know, that posts in off topic don't count twords your post count? 

Yes I know, I'm not worried about building up my post count. 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

We have in our (German) library 'Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong' (in English) = many examples in that book confirm your post. Lots of universities seem to change knowingly their teach material to adjust history to their political, religios,... ideals. Strange way to handle something 'inconvenient'.

If something like that qould happen here and someone would lear about that => big problems for the ppl involved.

It's unfortunate that many historical documentations and teaching where used as tools.  Sometime resulting in better or worse.  I think as a result, many of these gaps in the facts are coming back to haunt us as the world become more internationally interconnected.

Nah, some libraries just have a different focus and there's no point in having a whole section for just a few religious books. I'm not going to find any religious, historical or science fiction book/text in my university's library. I don't think my highschool's library had a religious section either.

However I very very very very very much doubt there's a "non-fiction" section in any library, it does not make any sense from an organizational point of view.

I can understand specific libraries on campus not having these sections, but a whole university?  IMO, that would be just wrong.  It's a statement by the university basically saying there's no need to consider human culture and religion when one goes out into the world.  But I highly doubt that. 

If anything, it might be because of the church and state segregation and politics.  In the end, the people suffer from lack of knowledge.  In the end, I view it no different than race separation, by denying plain access to knowledge.  

My Rigs (past and present)

I can understand specific libraries on campus not having these sections, but a whole university?  IMO, that would be just wrong.  It's a statement by the university basically saying there's no need to consider human culture and religion when one goes out into the world.  But I highly doubt that.

Well, I'm sure other libraries in the university have it, but I don't think my "school" has any bibles in the libraries in either campus.

###

If anything, it might be because of the church and state segregation and politics.  In the end, the people suffer from lack of knowledge.  In the end, I view it no different than race separation, by denying plain access to knowledge.  

I think that's not complete true, but I can see why you are probably feel in that way.

To not add it in a library doesn't mean denying it. That's seems to me a rather extrem jump in your conclusion, or do I understand that in the wrong way?

Ppl who are interested (in opposite to believers, they even more commomly already own a bible) in religion usually (not all) do already own a bible or are able to get one via relatives / friends /.... Or ask for the purchase of it at the library (very common) or buy themselfes one new or used or download it, probably even for free.

In a library can be bibles, but they must not. There can be law books, but not 'must' offered or... They stock with what they assume, when starting a new one and have to see reactions to start to fill up.

To exclude something doesn't mean you aren't getting - an for you important part of - 'brain-fodder' or in this case probably 'soul-fodder'. No one hinders you to activly try to get it, see beneath.

Seperation of state and church:

something that might only be fullfilled on paper a 100%. In reality a lot of church influence still exists, it seems even to grow again in several countries.

And when we would allow 'openly'/law based the church to controll the state, who is it, who will decide the 'right' religion, even the right bible version / translation...? What part of which book is to follow? How to avoid the 'holier-as-god' ~ moral monger?

To not put crosses everywhre.... doesn't mean it's denying access or acceptance. It's only less 'loud' supported as it was often in the past - equality for all, including the non-believers or other believers without denying you your right to belief or get your material, if asked for.

Btw:

I do voluntary work as a libarian, the reason I even know the numbers and titles there. No one ever asked for a bible in our library, that's I know for sure as each enquiry gets recorded and I'm the one who then will try to find the titles, if necessary worldwide. We have still some very involved in church work ppl as lender (?), but also the non interested... 

Libraries worker ... also know, if you are interested in something very specific, you might have a special interest library, church or museum... to access to the wished for info/book/material. They try to get the ppl of the screens (pc, tv, smart phone...) and read something printed instead (or an audio-/ebook?), so they try if you come to them instead.

But:

They have a certain budget per year, usually rather way too small, with that you have to fullfill all the needs, priority to the goal your library is working too (e.g. school = matching education support, finding profession details, young adult or youth fiction, ...), you do not buy without shown interest by someone real.