Hey

I just got my Acer Aspire S3 notebook back from repair and have set a supervisor password or whtever it´s called. It´s the password that comes right after boot and it won´t let me access anything, not BIOS and not the OS before the right password is entered, problem is I cannot remember the password, though I am sure what I am entering is correct, since I only use 3 passwords for everything. when I enter it says "Password check fail!!" so I´m pretty screwed.

Is there any solution for this? I thought about getting a new msata harddrive for it but I guess that wont do anything, but is there a way to reset all bios settings without access to the bios or something, or is the notebook just total trash at the moment?

Upfront thanks!

Cheers!

okay you can try and reset, cmos. I have no experience doing this on laptops, but you can watch a yt video

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

Perhaps the easiest method is to detach the BIOS battery for 10 minutes this should fully restore your BIOS to defaults (remember to set date and time etc properly).

Looks really easy to do on yor notebook

Ignore his weird accent it is English honest( mind you his English is better than my hoogiemcwhifer)

Good luck.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Thanks, I will try that when I have the right tools for unscrewing my notebook. It uses the small flat star like shaped screws and I don´t have a screwdriver for that kind, since it is not used frequently in my country.

So I tried to find the cmos battery yesterday but I cannot seem to fin it anywhere on the board, nothing looks like a circular battery at all, which confuses me.

Some newer laptops use the battery if its not accessible from the outside. so you disconnect the battery contacts then wait 30 seconds and then reconnect and it resets the bios. i have only seen this work on some laptops. 

Here is an other possible fix 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/483179/Acer-Aspire-S3-391.html?page=165