eBay Buyer wanting to deal with Purchase outside of eBay

gibbsy81

So i have a eBay Buyer who wants to take the transaction outside of eBay for reasons unknown to me he offered me $300 for the phone for his son in California (Im in Australia) i accepted.

The only details he would have of me is my:

Phone Number (From the Caller ID)

The Details of a Bank Account with No Funds in it and the my Bank has assured me no withdrawals/over drafts can occur overseas with out a card.

My Email 

I dont see any real vector for attack unless he was planning to take money from my bank account.

The phone will not leave here untill the funds are in my account and have cleared and transferred to another account.

So my question is there anyway that im not seeing that he could scam me i could possibly see spam on my email but that would be picked up by my spam filter or i can block it.

4 minutes ago, gibbsy81 said:

So i have a eBay Buyer who wants to take the transaction outside of eBay for reasons unknown to me he offered me $300 for the phone for his son in California (Im in Australia) i accepted.

The Details of a Bank Account with No Funds in it and the my Bank has assured me no withdrawals/over drafts can occur overseas with out a card.

My Email 

I dont see any real vector for attack unless he was planning to take money from my bank account.

The phone will not leave here untill the funds are in my account and have cleared and transferred to another account.

So my question is there anyway that im not seeing that he could scam me i could possibly see spam on my email but that would be picked up by my spam filter or i can block it.

back away from the deal always use paypal goods and services

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

The account he wants to pay with has no money? There are no safety precautions because you're not using a secure means of selling? It sounds sketchy to me. I'd stick with eBay, there's no reason for him to not be using it as far as I can tell.

Well So far he is still using the eBay messaging platform to communicate.

I just dont see if this is a scam anyother way he could deceive me or take funds from me.

1 minute ago, gibbsy81 said:

I just dont see if this is a scam anyother way he could deceive me or take funds from me.

Has he told you why he refuses to use the secure means of payment (eBay/PayPal)?

Ok thanks for your reply''s

I will try and get him to use PayPal otherwise im not going through with the Purchase

Thanks.

Don't ever be in a spot you're not comfortable in stick with paypal/ebay, scammers are usually clever.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

9 minutes ago, gibbsy81 said:

6 minutes ago, gibbsy81 said:

Ok thanks for your reply''s

I will try and get him to use PayPal otherwise im not going through with the Purchase

Thanks.

Yeah, either deal within the ebay system or don't deal at all. Scammers have been known to post bait postings on amazon and ebay and then ask the buyer to deal outside of ebay/amazon. ebay and paypal have protection against scams don't bother with anything else.

Adults are just kids with bigger wallets.

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

Don't ever be in a spot you're not comfortable in stick with paypal/ebay, scammers are usually clever.

Yeah at first i was accepting of his decision cause i saw more of a chance for me to get screwed over using PayPal he raises a dispute i loose the funds its happened to me in the past.

He has now agreed to sign up for a PayPal account.

Just now, gibbsy81 said:

Yeah at first i was accepting of his decision cause i saw more of a chance for me to get screwed over using PayPal he raises a dispute i loose the funds its happened to me in the past.

He has now agreed to sign up for a PayPal account.

Pay attention to the terms of the transaction and make sure he doesn't find a loophole if you're on ebay now. 

They can easily complain to ebay about misguiding shipping times and get refunded

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

On 3/17/2017 at 5:13 PM, gibbsy81 said:

My Email 

Stick with ebay!

On 3/17/2017 at 5:13 PM, gibbsy81 said:

My Email 

He's trying to scam you - period.

NEVER do a transaction outside of ebay or paypal. You have ZERO protections in case he tries to get a refund or in case his payment bounces.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.