Ryzen OC Potential?

Hi all. Looking to upgrade here soon to an ITX Ryzen 6c/12t machine. Haven't really worked out ALL the specifics but I will be reusing as much of my current PC as possible. My Kraken X61 for SURE will be reused, and I'm looking to build an ITX rig. Obviously neither R5 nor any ITX AM4 boards are out at the moment, so it will be a few months until I get around to doing this. But I am curious, assuming temperatures AREN'T an issue, what should I expect my R5 chip to hit alongside a beefy board? I know this is all speculation at this point but input is appreciated. Thanks :D

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Just now, App4that said:

Expect 4GHz to maybe 4.3.

That's what I was hoping. Haswell-level IPC (or better) @ 4.3Ghz would be respectable IMO. I love my old 8350 but the single core performance makes me want to take my own life.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

No, IPC won't change, same exact cores. This isn't Broadwell-E to Kabylake.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

28 minutes ago, App4that said:

No, IPC won't change, same exact cores. This isn't Broadwell-E to Kabylake.

what I meant was the single core performance of Ryzen is roughly that of Haswell, therefore @ 4.3Ghz it would be very similar to Haswell @ 4.3Ghz

Yeah right now most - if not all R7 overclocks are thermal limited,     so overclocking on a 6c12t should give you a bit more room to get higher

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Well, depends on which Haswell for single core. 4790k? No the 4790k will win.

And you don't compare clock to clock. You compare potential to potential.

Just now, App4that said:

Well, depends on which Haswell for single core. 4790k? No the 4790k will win.

Not to be that guy, but 4790k is Devil's Canyon so....

Totally. But it's Haswell. And that Devil's Canyon is how old?

Mine runs at 4.7GHz, has been.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Totally. But it's Haswell. And that Devil's Canyon is how old?

Mine runs at 4.7GHz, has been.

I traded my 4790k/Z97X SLI for this golden 8350/990FX sabertooth and $200 cash. My 4790k was shit even on my AIO, it just WOULD NOT be stable at 4.7Ghz. I made out like a bandit but I miss 300fps mins on CS:GO. But anywho Ryzen is more than enough for me. Honestly I could just get an RX 480 and my PC is alright, but these 580s and the heat and the noise and the VRAM it's the FUCKING struggle. A quiet ITX rig FTW

We'll see. Taking a chance on a dirt cheap 1800X.

20 hours ago, Vegetable said:

I traded my 4790k/Z97X SLI for this golden 8350/990FX sabertooth and $200 cash. My 4790k was shit even on my AIO, it just WOULD NOT be stable at 4.7Ghz. I made out like a bandit but I miss 300fps mins on CS:GO. But anywho Ryzen is more than enough for me. Honestly I could just get an RX 480 and my PC is alright, but these 580s and the heat and the noise and the VRAM it's the FUCKING struggle. A quiet ITX rig FTW

Meh, I sit at 4.7GHz with just 1.25v. Temps in the 50's under load. Sounds like you just lose the lotto. 

8 hours ago, App4that said:

Meh, I sit at 4.7GHz with just 1.25v. Temps in the 50's under load. Sounds like you just lose the lotto. 

Yeah I had a dog of a 4790k. It's whatever tho. Grats on that lotto winner i7 u have there