AMD Chip merging GPU and CPU likely to release on January

ssmuthu

I heard Linus talked about it on of the WAN Shows and today I saw the releasing date in an article. Excuse me if it is posted earlier.

AMD's next desktop chip which merges GPU and CPU like never before lands in January.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/12/amd-kaveri-desktop-chip-date/?ncid=rss_truncated

I am not addicted to drugs But to GADGETS.

that would be really awesome to play indie games and source games. man i gotta build me a little pc for that kinda stuff xD

I heard Linus talked about it on of the WAN Shows and today I saw the releasing date in an article. Excuse me if it is posted earlier.

AMD's next desktop chip which merges GPU and CPU like never before lands in January.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/12/amd-kaveri-desktop-chip-date/?ncid=rss_truncated

the apu is pretty old like 1-2 years now

you might need to keep up with the times a bit more =/

this is quite old

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

AMD merging a GPU and a CPU isn't special. None-the-less, you are right; there is a new APU coming in January.

... it'll use four Steamroller CPU cores ...

I'm excited to see how they perform.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

We want to  see how the gpu can share the work of the cpu to speed up things a bit. A cpu with a gpu working together plus a dedicated gpu sounds like a good idea

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

"AMD's next desktop chip which merges GPU and CPU like never before lands in January."

It says "like never before" so maybe the are bringing something new to the table. So don't just say 'ermahgerd APUs are already a thing'.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

His title is misleading.  The next gen APU is supposed to pack some serious power unlike before.  Read the article.

maybe they have come up with a way to have an apu that works better with a gpu..

either way i still dont think it will be very popular compared to an 8350 o/c with a decent to high tier gpu like the 770/780/r9 290

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

His title is misleading.  The next gen APU is supposed to pack some serious power unlike before.  Read the article.

I seriously hope so. Apart from increased graphics performance, i'm hoping to see some significant IPC improvements as well

Praise Duarte!

Ok guys I didn't know it is quite old. Coz I have seen Linus talking about in a WAN show recently and while I was browsing I saw this article. I know it is kind of old topic but the point is it is releasing in January. That is what this article is saying and why everyone saying the title is misleading. I just posted the title what is there in article. Was my English that bad?

I am not addicted to drugs But to GADGETS.

what i wanna see is HSA in action

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Youtube clip of the new apu in action vs a 4770k + gt630m in bf4 single player (1080p medium settings)

Wat?

I am still waiting for Steamroller. Any time now AMD...

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110