Planetside 2's first performance update.

kuddlesworth9419

Great that the update finally came, but reading through that changelog you can't help feeling that this is mostly stuff that should have been prioritized before releasing the game.

Anyway i'm glad they finally got around to it.

Yeah, a lot of people are saying that this should have been done in beta or very early game, however, better late than never. And it could draw players back into the game or attract new players :)

Good, I heard that this game is crazy demanding. When I get my PC going ill be sure to give it a try.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

As I started reading I went to start the update. I have been waiting forever for this, although I have a 3850 my 7970 should be constantly be getting more than 30FPS.Now I just have to wait for that 8.5Gb update for me.

Hopefully on Phenom Too. basically AMD in general.

This update actually made huge difference for me, i was getting 5-10 fps in big zergs on my old Phenom II 940, now i get around 40

i5 4670k @ 4.1 GHz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2 | Asus Z87-A | 2x8 GB Corsair LP @ 1600 Mhz | Asus GTX 780 DCUII | Corsair CX600M | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Hopefully. It would mean more people can play on it. I have an i7 myself but even with that the game before ran terribly. I just hope this update is something that goes down in history as a turning point in the way that devs release a game. From now on I hope that they properly optimize a game before hand or at least SOE will optimize the game before it is released unlike PS2 was from the start.

Thats odd, with setup meaning i3 2120 and the 7870 xt i used to get 40fps average with everything maxed at 1080p. Still i wonder how much this will improve the fps.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Thats odd, with setup meaning i3 2120 and the 7870 xt i used to get 40fps average with everything maxed at 1080p. Still i wonder how much this will improve the fps.

Thats what I mean before there were very high end setups that performed worse than lower end ones. The 680 performed particularly bad before but know works really well. There is still a CPU bottleneck but that is easily gotten rid of if you decreaser the render distance by a small amount. At the moment I have everything maxed out even with ultra texture quality and maxed out render distance. SOE have done a really good job at optimizing the game. I cannot wait until the next update. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Thats what I mean before there were very high end setups that performed worse than lower end ones. The 680 performed particularly bad before but know works really well. There is still a CPU bottleneck but that is easily gotten rid of if you decreaser the render distance by a small amount. At the moment I have everything maxed out even with ultra texture quality and maxed out render distance. SOE have done a really good job at optimizing the game. I cannot wait until the next update. 

Im downloading it now, should be ready to play in about an hour then sexy time

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1