AMD Wraith Spire Cooler - Sufficient?

Go to solution Solved by DrMikeNZ,
11 minutes ago, TobiasD said:

Hi Forum,

I am building my first high end system (to me) next week. It'll be featuring an AMD 1700, 16GB's of Crucial Ballistix Tactical RAM, ASUS Prime X370 Pro and a GTX 1070, Strix OC from ASUS. 

I'm wondering if the Wraith Spire cooler which comes in the 1700's box is sufficient enough for heavy use such as gaming and video editing without getting the CPU over alarming temperatures. Noise I do not care about at the moment, I'm saving up for the H100i so I can overclock it later down the line. 

What do you guys think?

My 1700 should arrive next week. I have a bunch of spare AIO coolers lying around, but was planning to just stick with the wraith cooler.

It is only a 65W processor, so I am not concerned at all about the ability of the stock cooler to keep it cool.

Hi Forum,

I am building my first high end system (to me) next week. It'll be featuring an AMD 1700, 16GB's of Crucial Ballistix Tactical RAM, ASUS Prime X370 Pro and a GTX 1070, Strix OC from ASUS. 

I'm wondering if the Wraith Spire cooler which comes in the 1700's box is sufficient enough for heavy use such as gaming and video editing without getting the CPU over alarming temperatures. Noise I do not care about at the moment, I'm saving up for the H100i so I can overclock it later down the line. 

What do you guys think?

it shud do fine , temp readouts are bugget atm ,

if the cpu says like 80c just touch the cooler and see if it actually burns you 

many reviewers stated that the cpu reported 80c , but the cooler was just warm to the touch

also the cooler is very silent , it uses the cooler master 92mm fans seen on the flippable AIO they have shown off , definitely quality parts

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Just now, Space Reptile said:

it shud do fine , temp readouts are bugget atm ,

if the cpu says like 80c just touch the cooler and see if it actually burns you 

many reviewers stated that the cpu reported 80c , but the cooler was just warm to the touch

also the cooler is very silent , it uses the cooler master 92mm fans seen on the flappable AIO they have shown off , definitely quality parts

Interesting, yeah I've heard about those issues. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, TobiasD said:

Hi Forum,

What do you guys think?

My 1700 should arrive next week. I have a bunch of spare AIO coolers lying around, but was planning to just stick with the wraith cooler.

It is only a 65W processor, so I am not concerned at all about the ability of the stock cooler to keep it cool.

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

Sounds good, I'll use the Wraith Spire until I can purchase something beefier for overclocking. Thanks for the response!