$1000 CAD for an autocad computer

RJ211

So im helping a friend build a computer, She has a pretty tight budget of $1000 Cad for the whole computer.

She needs a monitor, keyboard, wireless card, plus the computer in that budget. Although i have a copy of windows 10

She would prefer a smaller pc, like a micro atx build.

She is doing a design coarse that is mainly using Revit and some other autocad programs

i've been out of the loop when it comes to pc parts the last year so any help would be appreciated. 

CAD needs CPU power, right? how much would a strong GPU help?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Not enough. Just throw in a 1050 for CUDA. I'd probably get a Ryzen CPU too for dem cores.

Does it use CUDA specifically?

Depends are you only using Autocad? is there anything else you like to run in it?

You could have a $500 machine for Autocad. Let me know more and I will be happy to tell you my experience.

It's slightly over budget, and the monitor is basically the cheapest. (and pretty damn small) but I tried to squeeze in a Ryzen CPU for those extra cores. (maybe wait until Ryzen motherboard prices drop a bit? or until the A320 chipset drops? or until Ryzen 5?)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tgXnKZ

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

26 minutes ago, RJ211 said:

So im helping a friend build a computer, She has a pretty tight budget of $1000 Cad for the whole computer.

She needs a monitor, keyboard, wireless card, plus the computer in that budget. Although i have a copy of windows 10

She would prefer a smaller pc, like a micro atx build.

She is doing a design coarse that is mainly using Revit and some other autocad programs

i've been out of the loop when it comes to pc parts the last year so any help would be appreciated. 

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/88TPGf
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/88TPGf/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($330.99 @ PC Canada) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($58.00 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Kingston Beast 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($108.95 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card  ($140.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($44.99 @ NCIX) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.98 @ NCIX) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($44.99 @ Memory Express) 
Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 22.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($119.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Keyboard: Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($13.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Total: $987.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-14 20:41 EDT-0400

3 hours ago, jpms24 said:

Depends are you only using Autocad? is there anything else you like to run in it?

You could have a $500 machine for Autocad. Let me know more and I will be happy to tell you my experience.

yeah autocad and youtube, no gaming

3 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

It's slightly over budget, and the monitor is basically the cheapest. (and pretty damn small) but I tried to squeeze in a Ryzen CPU for those extra cores. (maybe wait until Ryzen motherboard prices drop a bit? or until the A320 chipset drops? or until Ryzen 5?)

As much i would like too, her school starts in 3 weeks

3 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

EVGA 450B?

Just now, RJ211 said:

As much i would like too, her school starts in 3 weeks

Ah ok.

if you could go a bit over budget and get a Ryzen, it would be WAY better than anything else at that price point.

you could let go of either the HDD or SSD to get below $1000CAD, and then add those later if needed.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Has anyone done any benchmarks of ryzen and modeling software? Are those extra core really taking advantage?