i have a yahoo account that has been hacked how to get it back ?

I have an old yahoo account that has been hacked

also YAHOO has confirmed at least 500 million users have been affected by a devastating security breach

but how to get my email back

I have my password but I cant log in they changed the password

also I don't remember my security question

I'm trying to get it since 2 month with no luck

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

Nothing important then just forget about it. Sign up for something new like gmail or outlook.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

4 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

my main Email is on gmail

my yahoo email is an old one since 2009 I don't use it so much

but how that happen to a large company like yahoo

what about people with important emails ?

people with important emails who don't properly secure their account after being told and shown that they can and should don't get a lot of sympathy from me. I 2-Step Verification all the things i can and i don't use the email option for anything.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

6 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

my main Email is on gmail

my yahoo email is an old one since 2009 I don't use it so much

but how that happen to a large company like yahoo

what about people with important emails ?

Have not used it for some time, then it's probably  deactivated or deleted. People with important e-mail, don't use Yahoo. They have their own e-mail service for their own website or use something like outlook or exchange. Then again, anything has the potential to be hacked, so adding what every security measures you can is better than, trying to "fix" it later on.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Contact Yahoo?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Contact Yahoo?

If Marissa gets laid off, after verizon bought yahoo. She get  $25 million golden parachute package. Like she will care about some email being hacked.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Come back when you've contacted Yahoo. They'll probably tell you that there's nothing that can be done.

Yeah, I think mine was hacked, I de-activated the 2 step verification a little while back as it was messing up when I was trying to get in by mobile... stupidly I forgot to re-enable. After hearing of the hacking, my brother got an email supposedly from me with a link... luckily he didn't clcik it as it looked dodgy, he texted me to ask if I sent him anything, so I know I didn't and had a look in my account. I also saw there was an email from myself for an account that I only use for 1 purpose, so knew right then I had at least had my contacts breached. Immediately changed my password and enabled 2 step verification... haven't had anything else since, so might have got away with it hopefully. I'm now in the process of checking my other accounts to see if any info was stolen that could help them access anything else :(

I now don't use yahoo for anything important, and don't bother on my phone.... stupidity can have long acting consequences.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

Yeah, I think mine was hacked, I de-activated the 2 step verification a little while back as it was messing up when I was trying to get in by mobile... stupidly I forgot to re-enable. After hearing of the hacking, my brother got an email supposedly from me with a link... luckily he didn't clcik it as it looked dodgy, he texted me to ask if I sent him anything, so I know I didn't and had a look in my account. I also saw there was an email from myself for an account that I only use for 1 purpose, so knew right then I had at least had my contacts breached. Immediately changed my password and enabled 2 step verification... haven't had anything else since, so might have got away with it hopefully. I'm now in the process of checking my other accounts to see if any info was stolen that could help them access anything else :(

I now don't use yahoo for anything important, and don't bother on my phone.... stupidity can have long acting consequences.

I forgot my security question so no way I can get my email back

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

3 hours ago, maria2244 said:

I forgot my security question so no way I can get my email back

Yes, that is a problem right there.. only thing you might be able to do is contact them and explain the situation, they should be able to maybe ask you some other questions related to your account to verify your identity and get your account password changed for you and given it back... I wish you luck.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

9 hours ago, maria2244 said:

I have an old yahoo account that has been hacked

also YAHOO has confirmed at least 500 million users have been affected by a devastating security breach

but how to get my email back

I have my password but I cant log in they changed the password

also I don't remember my security question

I'm trying to get it since 2 month with no luck

You could try to contact Yahoo, or getting someone who knows what they are doing to crack your password, but i would suggest just making a Microsoft account I've tried most email services and found Microsoft's security to be the best... Gmail is also a good service but it's quite easy for anyone to get into your account if they know you. 

21 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

You could try to contact Yahoo, or getting someone who knows what they are doing to crack your password, but i would suggest just making a Microsoft account I've tried most email services and found Microsoft's security to be the best... Gmail is also a good service but it's quite easy for anyone to get into your account if they know you. 

I much prefer Gmail... at least they have more options for which 2 factor authentication you can use. I use it with Transakt, very simple to use and tied to my phone, so would think nigh on impossible to get past.. plus my password isn't shit, lol :D

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

16 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

I much prefer Gmail... at least they have more options for which 2 factor authentication you can use. I use it with Transakt, very simple to use and tied to my phone, so would think nigh on impossible to get past.. plus my password isn't shit, lol :D

I like Gmail as well i have 4 Gmail emails but in my opinion, it's too easy to get into someone's account the average user doesn't have a 15 character password they use something easy to remember. At the end of the day it's all down to personal preference .

59 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

I like Gmail as well i have 4 Gmail emails but in my opinion, it's too easy to get into someone's account the average user doesn't have a 15 character password they use something easy to remember. At the end of the day it's all down to personal preference .

Yes true, the average user is pretty much using no password whatsoever, but at least they could enable 2 factor authentication, which is very simple and makes up a bit for having a shit password :)

I think using lastpass is a good way to go, as long as you teach yourself a long passphrase/code to go with it.. mine is 21 character and I have 2 factor authentication too... so unless they get hacked I should be OK. I like keypass too, although it's not as useable as lastpass, but is more security conscious.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Yes true, the average user is pretty much using no password whatsoever, but at least they could enable 2 factor authentication, which is very simple and makes up a bit for having a shit password :)

I think using lastpass is a good way to go, as long as you teach yourself a long passphrase/code to go with it.. mine is 21 character and I have 2 factor authentication too... so unless they get hacked I should be OK. I like keypass too, although it's not as useable as lastpass, but is more security conscious.

Yeah, I like using OneNote with a 30 character password and the app so even if but password it leaked i have to confirm every login on my phone and have my number connected. I like how it links all Microsoft services to one password.