How would I go about re-installing windows? (Read Below)

So, I'm getting a new MoBo, CPU, and RAM soon and my current windows is a OEM copy on my hard drive tied to my MoBo so If I got a new MoBo and set it up and plug it in to my Hard Drive how would I go about deleting my old windows and re-installing a new one. I'm thinking how I would do this with only the BIOS and a Windows install disk... If I boot off my windows disk can I get an option to delete my old windows off my HD and install this new one or do I need like a new HD or something. My budget is reached so I can't get anything like SSDs to help.

So, I'm getting a new MoBo, CPU, and RAM soon and my current windows is a OEM copy on my hard drive tied to my MoBo so If I got a new MoBo and set it up and plug it in to my Hard Drive how would I go about deleting my old windows and re-installing a new one. I'm thinking how I would do this with only the BIOS and a Windows install disk... If I boot off my windows disk can I get an option to delete my old windows off my HD and install this new one or do I need like a new HD or something. My budget is reached so I can't get anything like SSDs to help.

In the install process you will be asked to do an upgrade/custom install (provided we are talking about Windows Vista/7/8). You can run the custom install and either install over the top of your current partition which will then move user data to 'Windows.old', or remove the partitions entirely (best bet).

Whether or not the OEM license will work is another question you will probably have to face once the install is done. Possibly just give Microsoft a call and say you're reinstalling it or something.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

In the install process you will be asked to do an upgrade/custom install (provided we are talking about Windows Vista/7/8). You can run the custom install and either install over the top of your current partition which will then move user data to 'Windows.old', or remove the partitions entirely (best bet).

Whether or not the OEM license will work is another question you will probably have to face once the install is done. Possibly just give Microsoft a call and say you're reinstalling it or something.

Thanks I will be getting a new retail copy of windows 8 to replace my old windows 7, So I will custom install it and delete windows 7. Or maybe I can do it from my USB stick its one of those high memory good ones

You don't have to delete anything beforehand.

You take the disk, turn on the PC (after you assmbled it of course), put the CD in, get into the BIOS, tell the PC to boot from the DVD from the boot order menu, save settings and reset, then after restart you will get the message "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..." and then Windows will guide you throught it.

Video for more instructions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Z3zFrPxQQ

Thanks I will be getting a new retail copy of windows 8 to replace my old windows 7, So I will custom install it and delete windows 7. Or maybe I can do it from my USB stick its one of those high memory good ones

Yeah you can run it from a USB as well if you have another computer to create the ISO then copy the data onto it using the Windows 7 USB creation tool (works for Win8 also). Let us know how it goes if/when you get to that point :)

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550