Midnight Rig - The $1650 Kaby Lake build

MidnightBanshi

The rig has been completed and performs very well!  Here is how the parts list broke down:

Case: NZXT S340 Elite (matte black)

Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750 B2

CPU: Intel i7-7700K

RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 16GB 3200mhz

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 2400mm cooler

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2

DVD-RW: LG External DVD-RW drive

I researched all the parts, and came up with what I feel was a good aesthetic.  The only downside to this setup is that the tubes on the h100i V2 are very thick, so aren't as flexible as some others.  I may have to spin the CPU block around 180 to make it fit a little better and maybe sit on the CPU a little better, as right now, it's getting some random temperature spikes.  Not sure if this is due to the stress of the tubes on the block when the side panel is on or if the pre-applied thermal compound isn't cutting the mustard.  I'll have to get some local advice and see how that goes.

The performance is rock solid though.  At stock, it pretty much eats every game I throw at it at 1080p.  I don't have a 1440p monitor yet, so may have to wait a bit to test those results, as some games won't go past 1080p if it doesn't know there is a higher monitor attached - I could be wrong on this though.

I had put up a video, but I guess you'll have to search for it yourself.  :-(

Edited by MidnightBanshi

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

One must not build a midnight build without a single blue component in it

The RGB lighting in the rig is blue on the GPU and the motherboard, and I plan on getting some more case lighting strips as well. :-)

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

I added more to the written part of the post as well, in order to more fit with the guidelines, and removed the video, so with that said.........this thing is a CRUSHER for 1080p gaming (as that's the monitor I have), and I want it to last for a long time!  I am noticing some temperature fluctuations on the CPU even at stock settings, so I'll need to try reseating the CPU block on the cooler and put on some Arctic Silver and then test again.

One of the non-gaming tests I ran was Cinebench R15, and it scored a 1012 with a 134 on the OpenGL test.  I know it's no Ryzen, but it works well for my uses, which is a lot of gaming and some 1080p video rendering.  Granted, you can do a build for about half this cost and get a lot of performance out of it, but this is how I wanted to build it, and it fits my needs just fine. :-)

Edited by MidnightBanshi
add more info and results

Thread cleaned. Thanks for editing the video out.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

For those who were wondering where the blue was.....well.....here ya go!  Turned out SO cool. :-)

14899189822581090050356.jpg