Computer boots up during night

OLS

So, every day I turn of my computer before going to bed. And every morning I find my keyboard lighting up the room, and when I click on the mouse the PC is already on the desktop. I have no LAN ports connect so no LAN to wake and only wireless connection. I do not believe my dog is doing it so what else can cause this? It's almost a freshly installed Windows 10 and barely any programs except Steam & Origin ++ the games.

.OLS

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

5 minutes ago, OLS said:

So, every day I turn of my computer before going to bed. And every morning I find my keyboard lighting up the room, and when I click on the mouse the PC is already on the desktop. I have no LAN ports connect so no LAN to wake and only wireless connection. I do not believe my dog is doing it so what else can cause this? It's almost a freshly installed Windows 10 and barely any programs except Steam & Origin ++ the games.

.OLS

Is there anything that connects to you computer over your network using SMB?

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

4 minutes ago, OLS said:

.OLS

Instead of turning off it goes into sleep mode it sounds like. Some people have a problem with their power settings or BIOS or case malfunction restarting their computers from the full off state though. The surest way to get around the problem is once you shut it off you can power off the power supply. That way it'll stay off guaranteed. Not even the CIA can get around that one. :)

1 minute ago, MaxBunny said:

Instead of turning off it goes into sleep mode it sounds like. Some people have a problem with their power settings or BIOS or case malfunction restarting their computers from the full off state though. The surest way to get around the problem is once you shut it off you can power off the power supply. That way it'll stay off guaranteed. Not even the CIA can get around that one. :)

Unless you have a smart TV 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

6 minutes ago, deansmylie1993 said:

Is there anything that connects to you computer over your network using SMB?

No, nothing.

4 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

I was guessing it was going to sleep, but why would it then wake up from sleep? I checked the settings for power off to see what it did when I turned it off and it had shut down. :)

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

I'll throw it there: did you check if there's some metal pieces lying around in your case ?  Possibilities are very low, but maybe some metal piece is making contact with something, causing your pc to boot up.

Might be a stupid idea, but it's a possibility.  Are screws all tighten up ?  Is there something behind or on the motherboard that shouldn't be there ?  Is there some dirt/coffe stains/things like that ?  Even those might be the cause of such a problem.  But again, possibilities are pretty low

10 hours ago, Neversleep93 said:

I'll throw it there: did you check if there's some metal pieces lying around in your case ?  Possibilities are very low, but maybe some metal piece is making contact with something, causing your pc to boot up.

Might be a stupid idea, but it's a possibility.  Are screws all tighten up ?  Is there something behind or on the motherboard that shouldn't be there ?  Is there some dirt/coffe stains/things like that ?  Even those might be the cause of such a problem.  But again, possibilities are pretty low

Cleaned it recently :S

Hmm...I have no more ideas about the causes, but I have some for the solution.  They are all "I'll try solve this the hardcore way" ideas, so wait other's comments before doing any of these:

1) Bios re-install: in my opinion, one should have to deal with bios (and drivers) as less as possible, and only when necessary.  That's why this is kind of "hardcore".  Some questions to understand if this could be a plausible solution: when was the last time you updated your bios ?   And when did the problem appear ?  If the problem appeared from the first time or pretty close, then it's not likely to work (but who knows); however, if the problem appeared right after or shortly after a bios update, then this is likely to be a good way to go.

2) Unplug stuff: same as point 1: the less you touch your internal hardware, the better it is (to me atleast).  Start off unplugging keyboard and mouse, then go to sleep, then check if it is ON.   If it is, unplug the monitor and wait the next morning.  If it's still on, unplug the hard drive.  Next and last step will be unplugging the graphics card and other hardware, leaving only psu, cpu, mobo and ram.  If nothing works, well....you know that the things you unplugged are not the cause of that problem, but you can't quite say it is not a hardware problem yet.

Just my ways of solving that if I were in your shoes, but I'm kind of savage :D

i have had this on a laptop

from some googling i found that windows sometimes activates wake timers

i don't know why it does this but it does, as far as i know there is no way to tell if windows has done it or not

and no-one has a solution to fix this

its happend with me on these versions of windows on multiple systems, regardless of what hardware was in it

7 untimate

10 pro (original release)

10 home (original release)

10 pro (anniversary update)

10 home (anniversary update)

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

You are all wrong, the obvious answer is that his pc is being hijacked and he is being spied on. I've seen this in movies, trust me.

8 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

i have had this on a laptop

from some googling i found that windows sometimes activates wake timers

i don't know why it does this but it does, as far as i know there is no way to tell if windows has done it or not

and no-one has a solution to fix this

its happend with me on these versions of windows on multiple systems, regardless of what hardware was in it

7 untimate

10 pro (original release)

10 home (original release)

10 pro (anniversary update)

10 home (anniversary update)

Hmm, interesting. Well.. I guess I'll just have to start turning powersupply of every day :(