Is Valve going to ever sort out the cheaters in CSGO?

Aleks NE

Today I got my old cheats and cheated for about 5 Hours on CSGO (Main Account) and no VAC Ban, I doubt i'll get overwatched too. So does anyone know how this ban system works? Thanks 

4 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

Today I got my old cheats and cheated for about 5 Hours on CSGO (Main Account) and no VAC Ban, I doubt i'll get overwatched too. So does anyone know how this ban system works? Thanks 

Comp or casual?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Comp or casual?

Private Match, FaceIt and Comp,  limited myself to 30 kills a game(normally i'd get more)

1 minute ago, X_xStriderx_X said:

this year they are planning to work on their anti cheat so yes they will and time can only tell if it will be good

Let's hope it will be good if it's coming this year. 

Did you play on VAC secured servers? If so, the ban may not come right away. You could get banned 6 months from now. Just like you may not get banned ever because they somehow didn't manage to detect your cheats.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

18 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Did you play on VAC secured servers? If so, the ban may not come right away. You could get banned 6 months from now. Just like you may not get banned ever because they somehow didn't manage to detect your cheats.

Yes, all where VAC protected, except the 1v1 in private i dont know about that one.

Steam Acc perma Ban for Cheater Scum. That's what Valve should do.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

Steam Acc perma Ban for Cheater Scum. That's what Valve should do.

Yeah, that would be a good idea, but most cheaters have smurf accounts and never cheat on their main.

I have cheated in CSGO, I have been vacced in csgo and I have lost a knife because of that. Yes, I was stupid. I do have some copypasta cheats for csgo, but they are half-assed and also probably not even vac proof. Anyways, ow works like this = 11 reports and you get into OW. 11 reports in comp, 11 reports in casual, doesn't matter. You're going into OW. VAC detects cheats that modify the game, and you'll get untrusted, then VACced. I think NOBODY should NEVER cheat if they DO NOT know how the anti-cheat works. If you do not know how you'll get banned, you'll get banned. My friend has private cheats, made by his friend (not me), they are VAC proof as long as nobody gives the source code to a person working at Valve or on VAC. So, this way as long as he plays one competitive match a day or 2 with 4 friends, he will NOT get banned. Valve is working on their vac all the time, all major cheat providers (AIMWARE:NET, x22, Unity, iwantcheats, ezfrags, interwebz) have got a vac wave, amybe not on the same day, maybe not in the same month, but they HAVE gotten one and will get more. It just isn't  that simple to make an anti-cheat detect hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of different cheats at once.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

The problems with banning cheaters is: How do you keep them offline?

Account ban? It's free and easy to set up a new account, then just buy a new copy of the game (a wise cheater would use a smurf account anyway).

IP Address Ban? You're only going to ban that person as long as they have that IP Address and screw over whomever gets it next once it's been released back into the ISP's pool for assigning (not every ISP sets aside Static IP's without making them cost extra). This also screws over legit users of internet cafes/PC bangs like in South Korea (see: Blizzard's method of dealing with Korean cheaters in Overwatch).

Hardware config ban? That's as easy to bypass as changing out parts from systems or just replacing something as quick as the GPU (presuming no watercooled parts).

OS Key ban (particularly Windows)? Easy enough to bypass by buying another OS Key from either Microsoft or on the Grey Market like G2A.

Even doing a multi-prong attack using a combination of each different ban method can eventually be bypassed if a cheater has the will to do so.

And before you ask: no I haven't tried cheating in something like CS:GO, I only own the damn game so I can play Trouble in Terrorist Town over in GMod.

On 13/03/2017 at 1:36 PM, Technous285 said:

The problems with banning cheaters is: How do you keep them offline?

Account ban? It's free and easy to set up a new account, then just buy a new copy of the game (a wise cheater would use a smurf account anyway).

IP Address Ban? You're only going to ban that person as long as they have that IP Address and screw over whomever gets it next once it's been released back into the ISP's pool for assigning (not every ISP sets aside Static IP's without making them cost extra). This also screws over legit users of internet cafes/PC bangs like in South Korea (see: Blizzard's method of dealing with Korean cheaters in Overwatch).

Hardware config ban? That's as easy to bypass as changing out parts from systems or just replacing something as quick as the GPU (presuming no watercooled parts).

OS Key ban (particularly Windows)? Easy enough to bypass by buying another OS Key from either Microsoft or on the Grey Market like G2A.

Even doing a multi-prong attack using a combination of each different ban method can eventually be bypassed if a cheater has the will to do so.

And before you ask: no I haven't tried cheating in something like CS:GO, I only own the damn game so I can play Trouble in Terrorist Town over in GMod.

What about saving users details, if a Debit/Credit card was used on an account that has a game ban or a Vac the new account will also have a game ban or vac when the user makes a payment on a new account? Or make the price of CSGO £60 like COD?

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

2 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

What about saving users details, if a Debit/Credit card was used on an account that has a game ban or a Vac the new account will also have a game ban or vac when the user makes a payment on a new account? Or make the price of CSGO £60 like COD?

The credit card is easy enough to work around - 'borrow' a friend/family member's card and pay them back what you spent.

Or just buy a bunch of the Steam Wallet Gift Cards at like EB/GAME/Stop.