New install of Windows 10 still having problems

bigjoncoop

Hey fellaz, 

I just upgraded my build into a new case and added a new graphics card and aio cooler. 

A couple days ago I noticed my PC being very sluggish and also another thing that I've noticed is on the start bar when I click on the show hidden icons button it pops up blank with no icons in it and if I do this 5 or 10 times maybe eventually it'll work like it should. Now by sluggish I mean for instance I go to format a drive when I try to write in the name of the volume,  1 letter will pop up every 10 seconds that I typed. As well as if I try to drag that window around it's just a blurry mess of lines. So yesterday I formatted the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10 I also installed the drivers for my new rx460,  also installed Avast and I took some of my games from my other hard drives and put there icons onto desktop. The next day now the PC is still experiencing the same issues as it was before I reinstalled windows! 

, and if I check CPU usage it's always  low. Maybe 10%

Any ideas guys it's such a pain in the ass to keep reinstalling Windows to hope that that will fix it

Any type of Diagnostics tools or processes I could do to try to narrow it down

By the way I used Sapphire trixx to overclock my new rx460 which seems to be running perfectly stable in games and temperature... could this maybe be the problem? 

AMD 860k

Asus mobo 

8gb ddr3

Gigabyte rx460 2gb

Windows 10 x64

1489340844030-1289723384.jpg

1 minute ago, bigjoncoop said:

Revert to stock clocks. If this doesn't fix it, you drive is most likely dead.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

I will do that now. Thx

Any other ideas? 

Should I be scanning every Drive thoroughly with malwarebytes or with some type of anti virus scan

1 minute ago, bigjoncoop said:

I will do that now. Thx

Any other ideas? 

Should I be scanning every Drive thoroughly with malwarebytes or with some type of anti virus scan

That's overkill. Run some sort of disk speed check.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

When I use AMD Overdrive, to get some kind of OC, my system also get extremely slugish, like you discribed. If I use my BIOS/UEFI to do an OC, same problems. If I set the turbo limit to a nice OC, all is fine. (and according to CPUZ, I do get those high turbo clocks. (4.4-4.5 ghz)

I just undid overclock and make sure Sapphire trixx does not run startup. I restarted my computer same problem

By the way my operating system is installed on a SSD in case that's important

You know I have a spare same brand same size SSD installed in the system maybe I will try to install Windows on that drive and see if the problem persists what do you guys think

See the lines of the windows as I try to move it

148934203172524450975.jpg

Just wanted to give an update on the situation. Find out it was Windows update problem. After a clean install of Windows everything works fine. After each install of Windows I did that day or the next day it didn't automatic update and I've noticed that's as soon as the problems start so I spoke to Microsoft tech support they had took over my computer 4 different times. keep in mind I did this with 4 different guys and everything they did, did not work so finally the last guy I spoke to told me unofficially go in to services and disable Windows updates..   

That did the trick. But now my question is do I disable Windows updates forever or do I turn them back on at some point what's your guy's opinion? If I wait a month or two and turn it back on I should be able to install the update without a problem I'm assuming because it will be a different set of updates if that makes sense or a different Windows built #