RGB Water? (Idea)

1 minute ago, andy0842 said:

Intel definitely has been doing stuffs. They released 10 core overclockable cpu, the notorious 6950x

You mean the re-branded Xeon?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

9 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

You mean the re-branded Xeon?

With your logic, then, every i7 is rebranded xeon. 5960x is xeon. 7700k is xeon. Whats your point therefore?

Also i hope you know the meaning and connotation of notorious.

CPU i7-6800K @ 4.4 GHz MOBO ASROCK X99E-ITX/AC GPU GTX 1080 FE RAM Corsair 32GB LPX Cooler Noctua NH-U9DXi4 Storage Samsung 512GB 950 Pro + 1.5TB HDD PSU Corsair CX650M Display Acer X34 Peripherals K70 LUX RGB MX RED, G502 Spectrum, Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear, & Razer Seiren Microphone

4 minutes ago, andy0842 said:

With your logic, then, every i7 is rebranded xeon. 5960x is xeon. 7700k is xeon. Whats your point therefore?

Also i hope you know the meaning and connotation of notorious.

Well, yes, there is a Xeon counterpart to every i series CPU, however, intel didn't actually innovate and make a 10-core extreme edition for the same $1000 price. they kept the $1000 SKU as an 8-core, and just upped the price to match the Xeons.

That's not innovation.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

3 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Well, yes, there is a Xeon counterpart to every i series CPU, however, intel didn't actually innovate and make a 10-core extreme edition for the same $1000 price. they kept the $1000 SKU as an 8-core, and just upped the price to match the Xeons.

That's not innovation.

Then flipping what is ryzen 7? Just amd version of 5960x? I guess more affordable version of it? Thats not innovation. Thats copying. 

I really dont see the point youre trying to drive here, bro.

CPU i7-6800K @ 4.4 GHz MOBO ASROCK X99E-ITX/AC GPU GTX 1080 FE RAM Corsair 32GB LPX Cooler Noctua NH-U9DXi4 Storage Samsung 512GB 950 Pro + 1.5TB HDD PSU Corsair CX650M Display Acer X34 Peripherals K70 LUX RGB MX RED, G502 Spectrum, Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear, & Razer Seiren Microphone

9 minutes ago, andy0842 said:

Then flipping what is ryzen 7? Just amd version of 5960x? I guess more affordable version of it? Thats not innovation. Thats copying. 

I really dont see the point youre trying to drive here, bro.

Rebrand =/= Innovation.

It's the same die, the same architecture, the same everything. nothing is different between the 6950X and It's xeon equivalent. (Other than software stuff, like overclockability and ECC support)

Ryzen is a new architecture, with a new socket and platform. it's not a rebrand, and most importantly, it costs less than the 5960X.

the 6950X and it's Xeon counterpart cost the same.

Just like the GTX 1060 isn't a copy of the RX 480, but the GTX 770 is a copy of the 680. (because they use the same die)

Desktop:

Laptop:

49 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Rebrand =/= Innovation.

It's the same die, the same architecture, the same everything. nothing is different between the 6950X and It's xeon equivalent. (Other than software stuff, like overclockability and ECC support)

Ryzen is a new architecture, with a new socket and platform. it's not a rebrand, and most importantly, it costs less than the 5960X.

the 6950X and it's Xeon counterpart cost the same.

Just like the GTX 1060 isn't a copy of the RX 480, but the GTX 770 is a copy of the 680. (because they use the same die)

While im pretty sure overclockability and ecc functionality are hardware level difference just like ecc ram has additional chip for its ecc function, those are enough to make those two processors distinguishable enough from each other. The reason why 5960x was so popular despite its hefty price tag was because it was first octacore consumer processor. Weve had octacore xeons for a decade but nobody wanted it. No gamers or prosumers want underpowered processor with server related functions. 

Likewise, p6000 and 1080 ti utilize same gp102. However, one is geared towards precision packaged with functions such as true 10 bit color support while the other focus more on speed (pump out more of those frames you know). Sure, 300 series from amd is rebrand. 770 is rebrand. Those, i get it. 6950? Not even.

3 hours ago, andy0842 said:

The reason why 5960x was so popular despite its hefty price tag was because it was first octacore consumer processor.

Before, Intel's $1000 chips were 6-cores

With the 5960X, Intel's $1000 chips became 8-cores.

^ THAT's Innovation.

not upping the price on your extreme editions and then saying that intel is innovating because they raised the price tag on their consumer CPUs to include more cores.

Desktop:

Laptop:

4 hours ago, andy0842 said:

While im pretty sure overclockability and ecc functionality are hardware level difference just like ecc ram has additional chip for its ecc function, those are enough to make those two processors distinguishable enough from each other. The reason why 5960x was so popular despite its hefty price tag was because it was first octacore consumer processor. Weve had octacore xeons for a decade but nobody wanted it. No gamers or prosumers want underpowered processor with server related functions. 

Likewise, p6000 and 1080 ti utilize same gp102. However, one is geared towards precision packaged with functions such as true 10 bit color support while the other focus more on speed (pump out more of those frames you know). Sure, 300 series from amd is rebrand. 770 is rebrand. Those, i get it. 6950? Not even.

The proof is in the pudding

Desktop:

Laptop:

3 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Before, Intel's $1000 chips were 6-cores

With the 5960X, Intel's $1000 chips became 8-cores.

^ THAT's Innovation.

not upping the price on your extreme editions and then saying that intel is innovating because they raised the price tag on their consumer CPUs to include more cores.

Now your word has changed. What you had previously claimed is that because there is a xeon equivalent for 6950x, therefore rebranding, it is not innovation. Also here, what youre saying is if intel had released 6950x for $1000 then it is innovation? Is that what you define innovation as? Price is what makes difference between innovation and what not? Then the first consumer computer itself is not innovation. It was thousands of dollars at the time; with todays inflation its much more. But those consumer computers at the time WERE innovations.

3 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

The proof is in the pudding

Im not trying to prove anything here. Those are facts you should know after a little bit of research. What im trying to point out to you is that 6950x is not a rebrand of xeon for all its worth.

Asking people with no technology, statistics, journalist background or whatsoever (ph.d in material science at best with no specified college or university) and quoting a person's claim with no evidence do not make your claim any stronger. Your ethos here is very poor my friend. I am not saying im any better than any of you in this matter. But what i presented to you is facts that have already been proved by other parties. What YOU are trying to prove is whether something is innovative or not. Something very hard to achieve without solid background knowledge or concrete evidence.

All of this debate (i do not want to call it an argument as its been poorly executed on your side at this point) originated from my claim that intel has been doing stuffs all these years while amd is trying to make a comeback. It all deviated from this original argument cuz u specifically decided to pinpoint that 6950x is "rebranded" xeon which is not the point that i was trying to prove.

At this point not only your logic is proven inconsistent but also your definition of innovation seems very questionable at best. Again, i made a counter argument to your claim that intel hasnt been doing anything and this is where we are because you picked out one of the many things intel has done and decided to drag it all out this.

On 3/26/2017 at 4:04 PM, andy0842 said:

*snip* As for reservoir you can install extremely bright white leds as backlight and install flexible screen around the reservoir tube l. This is the idea of screen side panel that one of the pc building companies use i forget which one it was.

Yea, as I was reading this last bit I imagined... What if you put a very bright LED light IN the tubes AND reservoir, and wrapped the screen around the tube/res?

The company that did this with the side panel btw is IBuyPower

So... food coloring that turns clear whenever needed?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 3/29/2017 at 4:53 PM, ARikozuM said:

So... food coloring that turns clear whenever needed?

Lets say food coloring is a sedan. A regular joe-shmoe car. This idea is a Dodge Viper. Not the new one, the original one. With a f*ck you amount of horse power, puts a middle finger to grip and lets it all out. It's overkill and not needed but its fun.