Best place to register domain name?

Where do you guys to register domain names? Yearly cost, monitor access, and all that?

Use offer code Linus on square space to save 10% off!

or something like that, there's an instant 10% off 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I've used Godaddy multiple times in the past. I seem to remember that if make an account and leave the domain in the cart, they'll give you like 25% off or something via an email the next day.

Regardless, their prices are good and the support is amazing. I would definitely recommend them.

8 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Use offer code Linus on square space to save 10% off!

or something like that, there's an instant 10% off 

Noice! Linus is the Man!

1 minute ago, kugen_ said:

I've used Godaddy multiple times in the past. I seem to remember that if make an account and leave the domain in the cart, they'll give you like 25% off or something via an email the next day.

Regardless, their prices are good and the support is amazing. I would definitely recommend them.

Huh 25% on this one, I'll price both out and see.

3 minutes ago, Kai_Spiral_ said:

Noice! Linus is the Man!

Build it beautiful 

I mean cheap. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Kai_Spiral_ said:

Huh 25% on this one, I'll price both out and see.

I just had a look through my email and they gave me a coupon for 40% off if I completed my order. Keep in mind, if you want to use a service like Wix, Squarespace, Weebly or Wordpress you have to factor the prices for their premium features as well. If you use Wix (and I'm sure its the same with other ones) and pay for 1 year you'll get a free domain through Wix.

Good luck!

6 minutes ago, kugen_ said:

I just had a look through my email and they gave me a coupon for 40% off if I completed my order. Keep in mind, if you want to use a service like Wix, Squarespace, Weebly or Wordpress you have to factor the prices for their premium features as well. If you use Wix (and I'm sure its the same with other ones) and pay for 1 year you'll get a free domain through Wix.

Good luck!

Much appreciated :), thanks for the extra info. Might be using a mix of Azure and Wordpress. Really want to see what I can from scratch since I'm old school :P. React JS or something idk, but looking forward to at least securing my name lol. 

1 hour ago, Kai_Spiral_ said:

Much appreciated :), thanks for the extra info. Might be using a mix of Azure and Wordpress. Really want to see what I can from scratch since I'm old school :P. React JS or something idk, but looking forward to at least securing my name lol. 

iv seen bad reviews about wordpress on azure. Personally I cant stand their pricing model and the way they invoice. A software bug on their end has caused their billing system to shut down web servers in the past

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

On 11/3/2017 at 4:24 PM, SCHISCHKA said:

iv seen bad reviews about wordpress on azure. Personally I cant stand their pricing model and the way they invoice. A software bug on their end has caused their billing system to shut down web servers in the past

Wordpress is so used that it is constatly victim of many exploits. Mainy through the plugins which are the main reason you'd want Wordpres... but now also the main reason to avoid it.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:54 PM, kugen_ said:

IMO GoDaddy is terrible, and they know it so that's why all those discounts.. Maybe it's just me though.

If I ever have to build a website, I think I might just use squarespace. Go Linus Advertisement efforts!

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE