PC Programs are being Doubled

Klion

Okay It's a well known fact that chrome is a RAM hoarder and eats up everything as usual. But it was never this bad. And it's not JUST chrome. EVERY APP / Process is being doubled.

Please check out this screenshot

pc.JPG

:(:(

My PC specs are below.

Intel Core i7 4790K 12 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM @1600Mhz MSI Gaming 3 motherboard 256 GB Transcend SSD 1 TB seagate HDD Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

My problem is that whenever leave my pc on after an hour, at the Task manager, the memory is shown as (90-95% Full) . The ONLY way that seems to rectify that is a full PC restart and no, closing chrome and other apps doesn't work.

Can someone please help out to avoid this problem?

P.S. It's been only 16 days since I restored a Clean System image so it can't be a windows fault that easily.

8 minutes ago, Klion said:

------

So question, how are you using 72% of 12GB when your highest memory usage is 36.3MB? Even with my firefox opened on white screen I'm using >400MB

what do you mean " restored a Clean System image"?

did you reformat the whole drive?

did you check for run away malware or a logic bomb?

what happens if the pc is not connected to the internet?

1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

So question, how are you using 72% of 12GB when your highest memory usage is 36.3MB?

That is still a BIG mystery cause no photoshop, premiere pro or anything big is running at all.

Just now, LabRat said:

what do you mean " restored a Clean System image"?

did you reformat the whole drive?

did you check for run away malware or a logic bomb?

what happens if the pc is not connected to the internet?

Reformatted and Restored a system image I once took as a backup when PC was clean and Perfect. That image was taken after 1 month of a fresh windows 10 install. 

The reason for restoring the system image was because i was affected by a malware and tried "Ad-aware" and malwarebytes and as expected for the 2nd time, when Cleaned, My PC went Kaput... so had to restore the system image.

When not connected to the internet, it's the same.

1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

Could you have a concealed mining bot somehow?

You mean like Bitcoin or litecoin miner ?  - I have tried those earlier but after this image, no I haven't even touched that stuff. But in case it's concealed somehow, any ideas on how to find it ?

Even now, I have only 5 tabs open in chrome. No other browser. Desktop Whatsapp app, and Steam is open. That's it. and it Says 8.3 GB RAM IN USE . I dunno what to say.

Just now, LabRat said:

you need to reformat your drive. not clone it or use an image.

I'm guessing that would be my final resort. But I just want to see if there's ANY possibility at all to save it before that. The problem is that I have WAY too many video software, Audio software, graphics designing software and the like and to Re-install EVERY single thing would take me at least 5 days easily. So Just wanted to see if there's a holy grail out there.

7 minutes ago, Klion said:

I'm guessing that would be my final resort. But I just want to see if there's ANY possibility at all to save it before that. The problem is that I have WAY too many video software, Audio software, graphics designing software and the like and to Re-install EVERY single thing would take me at least 5 days easily. So Just wanted to see if there's a holy grail out there.

whatever you're taking the image from is what is probably infected. and maybe even some of that or a part of a file that you are installing ( your apps ) has the bug in it.

15 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Have you tried a full virus scan with all the free available programs.

Not yet but I'm going to do it again now.

12 minutes ago, LabRat said:

whatever you're taking the image from is what is probably infected. and maybe even some of that or a part of a file that you are installing ( your apps ) has the bug in it.

Guess that seems to be the only viable solution to avoid the system image and do a full install. 

Maybe you should have taken the image the second you finished installing the final essential programs (not your add on's like Chrome, java, steam).

Non essential programs are updated so often that it's a waste of space backing those up on an image, and you're forced to update them every time you restore your image.

On top, you used it for a month. Who's the say you didn't get a virus in that time?

Your whole image could be a waste of time.

It's not a race to the bottom.

@LabRat @phongle123 @0x1e 

Okay by some miracle. I just tried the latest Malware Bytes 3.0 scan... and Voila... The memory is not going even to 5gb when I've got more than 10 tabs on chrome open.

Fingers crossed though.