Which liquid cooler should I use?

2 minutes ago, Xenift said:

Simply put, when i was mentioning water cooler being more of a value, i wasn't dissing at high performance air coolers, you need to get that.

Secondly, there was no test case set in terms of how hot a system can be when overclocking, so basically the system can be using a stock cooler running at 95deg for all you know and it still fits for "value".

I didn't say you were 'dissing' at air coolers. That doesn't even make sense. But they DO perform the same.

With that fact in mind, it doesn't matter how "hot a system can be when overclocking" because both AIOs and high end air coolers PERFORM THE SAME! No, a stock cooler is rubbish, but the OP never said he was going to use one, so that's irrelevant.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

6 minutes ago, atomicus said:

Lol, how do you explain that? You wrote a post in English, I understood it and responded. Perhaps it is you who can't write and are unclear what the words you put down actually mean.

"...gaming wise in most games the watercooler would actually be of more value than a 7700k."

Please explain THIS. It's a factually incorrect statement that is just wrong and terrible advice to the OP.

Okay i re read it 3 times and i know where you misinterpreted me.

I was not comparing air and water coolers to begin with.

I know very well that they can perform the same.

You just misinterpreted my words.

5 minutes ago, Xenift said:

Okay i re read it 3 times and i know where you misinterpreted me.

I was not comparing air and water coolers to begin with.

I know very well that they can perform the same.

You just misinterpreted my words.

I am not quite sure how I could misinterpret you saying that a "watercooler would be of more value than a 7700k", because that's a pretty self explanatory statement which is just wrong. Yes, if you were comparing it to a stock cooler as your ONLY choice, or if aesthetics were you PRIMARY concern (which ignores performance), but OP said none of those things. His best course of action is to put his money towards the fastest CPU he can afford and a top end air cooler such as Noctua D15 or Dark Rock Pro 3.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Just now, atomicus said:

I am not quite sure how I could misinterpret you saying that a "watercooler would be of more value than a 7700k", because that's a pretty self explanatory statement which is just wrong. Yes, if you were comparing it to a stock cooler as your ONLY choice, or if aesthetics were you PRIMARY concern (which ignores performance), but OP said none of those things. His best course of action is to put his money towards the fastest CPU he can afford and a top end air cooler such as Noctua D15 or Dark Rock Pro 3.

THEN TELL HIM TO GET ONE. 

ALL I MENTIONED WAS THAT GETTING A BETTER COOLER > CPU UPGRADE FOR GAMING

thats all i wanted to say.

You are taking what i say out of context lol.(familliar?) 

33 minutes ago, Xenift said:

THEN TELL HIM TO GET ONE. 

ALL I MENTIONED WAS THAT GETTING A BETTER COOLER > CPU UPGRADE FOR GAMING

thats all i wanted to say.

You are taking what i say out of context lol.(familliar?) 

Lol, only you DIDN'T say that! You said a watercooler would be of more value, which is wrong. That's not out out of context, nor did I misinterpret, I took what you said literally. You then started talking about cores and hyperthreading, which is an entirely different topic. Obviously, he should get a good cooler, but unless he was looking at buying a cheap crappy stock cooler because he'd put all his budget towards the 7700k (which there was no suggestion he was doing given he asked about two very high end and expensive AIOs), then you're simply confusing him by suggesting he should get an AIO + 7600K vs high end air cooler + 7700K. If those are the choices for someone, then they would be absolutely daft to go with the first option from a price/performance point of view.

1 minute ago, atomicus said:

Lol, only you DIDN'T say that! You said a watercooler would be of more value, which is wrong. That's not out out of context, nor did I misinterpret, I took what you said literally. You then started talking about cores and hyperthreading, which is an entirely different topic. Obviously, he should get a good cooler, but unless he was looking at buying a cheap crappy stock cooler because he'd put all his budget towards the 7700k (which there was no suggestion he was doing), then you're simply confusing him by suggesting he should get an AIO + 7600K vs high end air cooler + 7700K. If those are the choices for someone, then they would be absolutely daft to go with the first option from a price/performance point of view.

I really do hope you don't think so aggressively in real life and jump straight into conclusions.

You are REALLY stubborn.

Simply put, i do not disagree with most of your opinions. If you have nothing better to do than to find nitpicking errors in my swiftly typed out sentences you need a life man.

I am also fairly certain you have not build a single computer in your life. (Which im prolly wrong thats the vibe you are giving me.)

Just now, Xenift said:

I really do hope you don't think so aggressively in real life and jump straight into conclusions.

You are REALLY stubborn.

Simply put, i do not disagree with most of your opinions. If you have nothing better to do than to find nitpicking errors in my swiftly typed out sentences you need a life man.

I am also fairly certain you have not build a single computer in your life. (Which im prolly wrong thats the vibe you are giving me.)

I am not being stubborn or particularly aggressive, I am simply reading your words and interpreting them. I understand English probably isn't your first language, but please understand there is really no other way to interpret what you wrote. There is no other 'context' to it.

LOL, you obviously haven't seen the builds in my sig then!

1 minute ago, atomicus said:

I am not being stubborn or particularly aggressive, I am simply reading your words and interpreting them. I understand English probably isn't your first language, but please understand there is really no other way to interpret what you wrote. There is no other 'context' to it.

LOL, you obviously haven't seen the builds in my sig then!

Hais, i apologies for being childish, i admit i was hasty to type on a few points.

And also im multi-lingual and english IS my first language.

I am not going to sit here all day trying to say that you were wrong, 

Just remember, i do not disagree with most of your points.

So? What does that mean?

It means that, ignore all the miscommunication. I agree a CPU Cooler > Water Cooler in terms of raw worth.

So what does ignore all the miscommunication mean?

I admit some of my formatting is difficult to understand because i typed hastily.

So what does typed hastily mean?

I was in the middle of a game session alt tabbing.

Hope this clears up all the confusion as dealing with you is more difficult then dealing with an IT Tech Support.

1 minute ago, Xenift said:

...do not disagree with most of your points.

I'm curious what you do disagree with? I don't think I said anything that wasn't correct and solid advice for OP.

6 minutes ago, atomicus said:

I'm curious what you do disagree with? I don't think I said anything that wasn't correct and solid advice for OP.

7600k + good cooler > 7700k with crappy cooler

crappy cooler cant overclock, i7 isnt worth it for gaming.

As linus even mentioned, i7 is for people who work or do intense multi thread operations on it.

There is no reason to get an i7 for a gaming system whatsoever, unless you are a rich prince from a oil rig company.

I believe that is all.

4 minutes ago, Xenift said:

7600k + good cooler > 7700k with crappy cooler

crappy cooler cant overclock, i7 isnt worth it for gaming.

As linus even mentioned, i7 is for people who work or do intense multi thread operations on it.

There is no reason to get an i7 for a gaming system whatsoever, unless you are a rich prince from a oil rig company.

I believe that is all.

I would never advise a crappy cheap cooler in ANY situation, regardless of CPU. It would just be a bad idea.

Some games will see a small bump with a 7700K, it just depends how much value you put in to every FPS. Actually 3DMark shows a bigger bump than is evidenced in most games, so it's probably more optimisation that anything. In the future, that may change. But no, for the most part it's not worth it for most people if their goal is ONLY gaming and nothing else.

Just now, atomicus said:

I would never advise a crappy cheap cooler in ANY situation, regardless of CPU. It would just be a bad idea.

Some games will see a small bump with a 7700K, it just depends how much value you put in to every FPS. Actually 3DMark shows a bigger bump than is evidenced in most games, so it's probably more optimisation that anything. In the future, that may change. But no, for the most part it's not worth it for most people if their goal is ONLY gaming and nothing else.

For once, we agree.