Nintendo Switch, week 1 problems

alamox

so the switch is out, and it really didn't take long for some serious issues started showing up, from frustrating to completly broken, makes you wonder if Nintendo actualy tested their system prior to launch, because some problems seem impossible to slip through any basic filter, like the dock scratching the screen of the switch, the control synchro, but mostly the graphic glitchs, the latter looks to me like inadequat cooling for the tegra chip, or memory, or faulty parts.

but the point is for the number of switch out there, they shouldn't be this common literaly days after release.

anyway enjoy the video, and if you have bought a switch, leave a comment bon your own experience.

cheers.

2 minutes ago, alamox said:

makes you wonder if Nintendo actualy tested their system prior to launch, because some problems seem impossible to slip through any kind of filter, like the dock scratching the screen of the switch, the control synchro, but mostly the graphic glitchs, that looks to me like inadequat cooling for the tegra chip, or memory.

anyway enjoy the video, and if you have bought a switch, leave a comment bon your own experience.

cheers.

ps4 and xbo, and every console before it all have launch units with issues. 

Screen scratching is from inserting the unti to fast into faulty docks. left joycon synchronization is an issue. Graphical issues were also common place with all past launches of other systems. Cooling, its a fan, it will spin, thats why its there. 

Basically nothing out of the ordinary or that we didnt expect.  

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

I haven't had any of those problems. I don't know about the dock one becuase I never have it hooked up to my TV, I tried it once and it doesn't look good on mine (probably because screen size). But so far I have been enjoying it with very no problems. I feel sorry for the people who did have problems but I wonder how many people actually had that problem. If its just like 100 units then its really not that big of a deal i don't think

EDIT: Is that the Crowbcat vid? I can't see cuz im at school.

6 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

EDIT: Is that the Crowbcat vid? I can't see cuz im at school.

yes

11 minutes ago, alamox said:

inadequat cooling for the tegra chip, or memory

it has a pretty good cooling solution i think, I've only seen it a couple times when I first got it spin up to 100%, but now whenever I check when things get crazy its pretty quiet.. I don't that is the problem.

14 minutes ago, alamox said:

like the dock scratching the screen of the switch

One thing that I find interesting is that no one at any of the events that Nintendo held for media to come and check out the switch prior to its release, no one either noticed the scrathing (which they would) and the docks were probably heavily used that day

The Dock scratching seems to be the biggest flaw that they should of realized. Even angryjoe on youtube in 10 mintues of unboxing realized it seems like its scratching the unit. they seem to put no effort into the dock.  Some broken hardware and graphic glitches happen to all mass produced console launches like this and seems way less spread then most media seem to show.  

This is my opinion The Dock problem seems to be an everyone problem somthing that they overall screwed up and thats why i rate it the worst. 

The Worst Response by Nintendo is them saying they wont replace units with dead pixels thats just 100% Terrible on them. 

15 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

The Dock scratching seems to be the biggest flaw that they should of realized. Even angryjoe on youtube in 10 mintues of unboxing realized it seems like its scratching the unit. they seem to put no effort into the dock.  Some broken hardware and graphic glitches happen to all mass produced console launches like this and seems way less spread then most media seem to show.  

This is my opinion The Dock problem seems to be an everyone problem somthing that they overall screwed up and thats why i rate it the worst. 

The Worst Response by Nintendo is them saying they wont replace units with dead pixels thats just 100% Terrible on them. 

I've docked and undocked my switch probably 20 times with no scratches whatsoever.  I don't even have a screen protector on it.  So it's not an everyone problem.

This channel does it for every single console release:

Or even other things:

Frankly for all we know most of these issues could be isolated or even caused through deliberate damage. Unless there is some substantiated analysis, I couldn't care less. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

According to some polls online

75-80% people switch's are totally fine.

10-15% people have problems like joy-con desynchronisation(Should be fixable by a patch) and dead pixels and dock scratching the unit

And 3-5% problems are bricked consoles and some other things.(Until will be replaced for these things)

Majority of people don't have problems but the main problems seem to be dead pixels and dock scratching the switch.

Sources-

http://www.gamesradar.com/take-this-poll-and-tell-us-if-your-nintendo-switch-is-having-problems-or-doing-fine/

https://strawpoll.com/9adszeb

23 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

It's common for some display manufacturers to ignore a certain number of dead pixels, Apple has/had one if I recall. That's what Nintendo is doing, they don't consider small amounts of dead pixels a defect.

26 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Did we have anyone that investigated it other than people that felt like it would scratch or who only took pictures of scratches?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

How many times are people going to start new threads to beat the same dead horse and link the same YouTube video...

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

7 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

How many times are people going to start new threads to beat the same dead horse and link the same YouTube video...

Given that five seconds of research kinda kill a lot of the complaints here don't expect people posting these videos to realise the video has already been posted. If you're not reading that far into it you're not going to notice that it's old news. And really, the false outrage about it? It's not from people who own the Switch. When a thing is popular the people who don't have that thing will go out of their way to justify them not having it. That's what's happening here. It's like that "PS4 Pro gets so hot it melts" thing.

And while I'm here, as an owner of the Switch:

- My Joycon sync correctly and are yet to disconnect

- My Dock hasn't scratched the console

- I haven't run out of battery while playing yet and charges in the dock very quickly

- The system is quieter than any console/PC I have asside from my 3DS. Quieter than even my BluRay player

- My system connected to my WiFi with zero issues and quickly moves between wireless and wired

- My system booted normally and upgraded to the latest firmware quickly and with no issues

- My system has shown no graphical issues at all at any point in any mode

- My system has no stuck or dead pixels

- My Joycon slide into the system easily and are not loose

- The cartridge sits in the system firmly

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

10 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

First thing I did. Plastic wrapped my screen LMAO! Then when I got my screen protector, I took 28 minutes to put it on perfectly. No air bubbles or anything. haha!

But dang, I'd be pissed if I got dead pixels tho. I'd had almost every Nintendo Mobile console, never had any dead pixel problems. Didn't know that was even a thing.

6 hours ago, phongle123 said:

First thing I did. Plastic wrapped my screen LMAO! Then when I got my screen protector, I took 28 minutes to put it on perfectly. No air bubbles or anything. haha!

But dang, I'd be pissed if I got dead pixels tho. I'd had almost every Nintendo Mobile console, never had any dead pixel problems. Didn't know that was even a thing.

Now days LCDs are so commonly used its a bit Rare manufacturing has gotten very good, It happens in Tvs monitors phones ect. When 4k was Really new it started to be a little more prevalent. Though i understand most owners manuals and warranty say basically a few dead pixels is not a defect in most cheaper products  but imo for Nintendo to take this stance in 2017 is BS imo many other companies would offer replacements. 

I haven't seen any switches in stock yet if i do id probably impulse buy it but i am worried about Non Nintendo games coming to the switch. Though as a tech enthusiast  im use to getting screwed when it comes to early adopting haha.