Monitor purchasing reccomendations

asamin

I don't actually know that much in the monitor world as I tend to not follow it. Recently I had a friend contact me asking for a recommendation for a monitor that's got good viewing angles, is about 27", and is relatively cheap. I tried doing some research but was only getting expensive monitors. Anyone know a good cheap monitor for this? I'm thinking sub $200 if possible.

I would go with monitors that have better frequency. It will feel much smoother. But you also have to have a decent computer in orded to achieve that.

Well, they're after just pretty much playing video, not really gaming. So 60hz is going to be fine, which is nice cuz it also brings down the price.

BenQ GL2460HM 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

i am actually about to purchase this monitor for myself for my gefore gtx 1060 build isnt the best but the price and quality of it is good to my expectaions.  Im no pro but take a peek at it.

36 minutes ago, treethugger said:

i am actually about to purchase this monitor for myself for my gefore gtx 1060 build isnt the best but the price and quality of it is good to my expectaions.  Im no pro but take a peek at it.

Seriously try and find at least a 120hz 1080p monitor. Better yet 144hz. DONT GET A 60hz. 

Hell ive seen 120hz second hand 1080p monitors go off ebay for 50 pounds lol. Which is better than a new 60hz monitor :)

7 hours ago, treethugger said:

Reiterating what IceCold008 said, don't get a 60Hz monitor. The only reason why it's ok in my situation is this is for my friend who isn't going to be playing games on it at all, just video. I have a 60Hz monitor (I built my system before 120Hz was really a thing) and can say with 100% certainty that you should not get one if you plan on gaming on it. I wish I had a higher refresh rate.

how far away will your friend be sitting away from the monitor? I want to recommend a 27" monitor but it might be too much if he/she will be right in front of it.

They will be doing Yoga while using it. So likelt about 3-4 feet away.