Steam In-Home Streaming beta registrations open

Gunzkewl

Beta registrations for the Steam In-Home Streaming, the service which allows users to stream games from one machine to another within a household, are now open via the service's group on the Steam Community website.

According to Valve, the service will be open to beta testers "later this year" with beta participants selected at random. Those who are interested in taking part in the beta test are invited to join the Steam group set up to register participants interest.

The in-home streaming service is set to be an integral service complimenting the SteamOS when Valve launches the Linux-based operating system and partnered hardware next year. In October, rudimentary details about the service were revealed in update to the beta version of the Steam client. According to screen caps from the beta Steam client, users will have the ability to optimize the performance of a stream by setting bandwidth and framerate limits, and players can browse streaming sources in Big Picture mode.

steam_streaming.0_cinema_720.0.jpg

Source:http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5090078/steam-in-home-streaming-beta-to-roll-out-this-year

Link to join the group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream

Good luck everyone

Thanks, I joined!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Also joined, thanks. I hope this is decent. Although as Shadowplay is hardware implemented I'm thinking it will work out better but time will tell

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

http://steamdb.info/blog/30/

(Warning!) Technical stuff on how to get to the streaming menu

To get to the In-Home Streaming settings, you need to edit a layout file for Big Picture. This is unrecommended and Valve probably frowns upon doing this but it's the only way at the moment.

Make sure Steam is running. Open up your Steam folder, go to tenfoot/resource/layout/settings and open settings.xml.
Find a setting that's available for you. VoiceSettingsButton for example.
Change the onactivate property to "ShowSettings( RemoteClients );".
Now go into Big Picture and open up the Settings menu. Click the menu button you changed and voila! A menu.

this will let u access it, i recommend u change the language button as that is what i think is the least unused button once set to your language. i havent tryed streaming just yet though

Just a guy with a beard

Is this the same thing as nvidia "game stream"? I mean will it be for nvidia only users or they have some other tech?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

This is great. Can't wait to stream sports games to my laptop plugged to my TV so I can play with my brother in a big screen! :P

So this is not working yet as the streaming support is not done yet but the menu is already there.

Well I checked the menu.. it doesn't seem to recognizing my phone.. though I don't see why it should xD as it's for other windows or Linux based PC's. But it would be awesome for me to be able to play it off my phone :D.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.