Aftermarket 780 Ti's REVIEWS

lhikari

I get top end e-peenin around here buying 4970ks and titans is fun and all but when it comes down to it i feel the Ti is a horrible value. Want to have the fastest card, go right ahead but honestly I cant find a reason to buy it. Now if it would have come out @ ~500-549 then i would see the value but I guess that would make far to much sense.

Edit: Also B ) cannot be used. Themoreyouknow.jpg

Well, like I already said in another thread, for me personally, it makes more sense to spend $650 on one GTX 780Ti for Star Citizen ultra than two 290s for $800. As after OC and aftermarket cooler, I doubt the 290 has a snowball's chance in hell to pull off Star Citizen, but a 780Ti should be the first card ever that will do it without multi-GPU setup without dropping under 30 FPS minimum.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well, like I already said in another thread, for me personally, it makes more sense to spend $650 on one GTX 780Ti for Star Citizen ultra than two 290s for $800. As after OC and aftermarket cooler, I doubt the 290 has a snowball's chance in hell to pull off Star Citizen, but a 780Ti should be the first card ever that will do it without multi-GPU setup without dropping under 30 FPS minimum.

I would retort that if the 290 stands no chance than neither does the Ti as the performance differance isnt all that big. That being said we dont know anything about mantle or any of that nonsense but its still a bad value right out the gate and the 290 can only go up from here.

Its like the whole titan vs 2x7970 thing except the dual 290s do cost a little more this time but will massively bigger performance just like the dual 7970s did so in over all performance per dollar they will still come out on top. I dont, and neither do the creators, think there will be a single gpu that will run Star Citizen well on ulti settings for a few years now so the arguements seems non-relivent.

but hey, thats just my opinion man.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I doubt the 290 has a snowball's chance in hell to pull off Star Citizen, but a 780Ti should be the first card ever that will do it without multi-GPU setup without dropping under 30 FPS minimum.

at what resolution?

Won't it be fare to say that none of us know how well star citizen will run across various GPUs.

And the 20nm GPUs from nvidia and AMD will be commonplace by then which will make both 290 and 780ti look like inefficient dinosaurs.

I would retort that if the 290 stands no chance than neither does the Ti as the performance differance isnt all that big

At stock. The 780Ti has heaps of headroom as the aftermarket air coolers released today beat user watercooled results from 290x's. 780Ti will pull more and more away as the thermal and dielectric disadvantage of the 290x is exposed.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

At stock. The 780Ti has heaps of headroom as the aftermarket air coolers released today beat user watercooled results from 290x's. 780Ti will pull more and more away as the thermal and dielectric disadvantage of the 290x is exposed.

I'll bet almost anything you wont even get another 5 percent performance out of the 780 ti even overclocked. And then were just looking at the PCB lotto so may the odds ever be in your favor and all that.

and again i'm talking 290 not 290x

and deciding the 780ti will magically start to get more performance "as thermal and dielectric disadvantage of the 290x is exposed" makes me think this converstation is devolving to a slight bit of fanboyism trying to cover for an overley expensive card. (also the whole ignoring the Star Citz thing kinda doesnt help)

but again, thats just my opinion man.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

So you're pretty much saying that it's worth spending $250 more to dip to 34fps rather than 26fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

So you're pretty much saying that it's worth spending $250 more to dip to 34fps rather than 26fps.

absolutely

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

absolutely

By that logic then it would be worth spending another $150 for a second 290 and never go below 40fps.

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

By that logic then it would be worth spending another $150 for a second 290 and never go below 40fps.

true, if you're ok with playing for the Red team.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Whats fun is in the tests resaults posted in the other thread about the 290 dominating the 290 had higher fps on the "lowest fps" then both the 770 and the 780 (the TI was not done in this test) while matching/getting 3-5 fps off of the 780 at almost hafl the cost.

So in theory we may see an after market cooled 290 that has higher lows then the Ti

So thats a thing.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/11/8/amd-radeon-r9-290-blowing-the-doors-off-the-competition.aspx%C2'>

true, if you're ok with playing for the Red team.

Oh, absolutely. 

Where I live an R9 290 starts at 350 euros. The 780 Ti starts at 700 euros. So for the price of one 780Ti I could get two 290s.

But this is all just performance-wise. With an aftermarket cooler I'm expecting a 400 euros 290 that performances better than the reference card,stays cooler and is more quiet.

No matter which way you look at it, the R9 290 is by far the best bang-for-buck card.

Oh, absolutely. 

Where I live an R9 290 starts at 350 euros. The 780 Ti starts at 700 euros. So for the price of one 780Ti I could get two 290s.

But this is all just performance-wise. With an aftermarket cooler I'm expecting a 400 euros 290 that performances better than the reference card,stays cooler and is more quiet.

No matter which way you look at it, the R9 290 is by far the best bang-for-buck card.

well that's AMD's specialty isn't

we'll have to see how Mantle does cause if it's a 20% performance increase even that's pretty much GG 780TI.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Just... something i created for all offenders.

Everyone feel free to copy/paste and replace Nvidia's logo with AMD for opposing fanboys too  :P

Fanboy.jpg

Colorful GeForce GTX 780 Ti

first fully custom PCB

Colorful-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-iGame-2.jpg?Colorful-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-iGame-3.jpg?Colorful-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-iGame-4.jpg?Colorful-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-iGame-5.jpg?It comes with a fully custom PCB with a 12+2 phase power delivery system  and a 2mm steel reinforced back-plate. It uses high-quality electrical components like aerospace-grade tantalum capacitors. It has two 8-pin PCIe connectors for power requirements.

source:http://www.chiploco.com/colorful-geforce-gtx-780-ti-igame-30419/

Gawd dayum, that is one sexy card