Need a keyboard recommendation for accounting/macros

Hey ya'll. First time poster. I didn't think I needed anyone's help on this but I was wrong, seeing as how I'm not having much luck here. I work a fantastic :D job as a diesel kiosk manager where I need to constantly go through the repetitive acts of smashing my fingers on a touchscreen hoping to god I hit the correct area, as well as typing in company names fuel amounts and fuel costs for drivers. Currently the keyboard that we use is a Cherry G86-62401EUADAA Compact Keyboard with a questionable layout that's dirty, worn down, and a couple keys are broken. (Kind of expected from 24/7 use of a poor cheap plastic membrane keyboard used by multiple employees) I. HATE. This keyboard. The keyboard's numpad uses a "00" key that we all have gotten into the habit of using, so I'm definitely not looking to break their habits over me not finding the right keyboard. I've been talking to my coworkers about myself simply buying a new one, but something nice. I brought over my RGB K95 to see if they would like a mechanical keyboard and they loved it, and want one for the diesel kiosk. I also showed them how macros could work to make checking out customers easier, and they appreciated that more. I want the best of three worlds here, and I'm not sure if it exists. The closest I could get from my googling was a CM Storm Quickfire TK, however it doesn't have programmable macro keys, and is only available from third-parties at ridiculously high prices.

I'm looking for...

-Mechnical (Preferably Cherry MX blue or brown)

-Has a "00" numpad key

-Has programmable macro keys

If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you very much for your time. ^_^

Hey,

You could purchase that as well as a mouse with multiple programmable keys, for example the Corsair Scimitar as that has 17 programmable keys

Hope this helps

5 minutes ago, TurtleTrain said:

Hey,

You could purchase that as well as a mouse with multiple programmable keys, for example the Corsair Scimitar as that has 17 programmable keys

Hope this helps

Funny you say that! The Scimmy is my daily driver at home right now and I absolutely love it. However, it's not practical the way the point of sale computer is set up. :/ (It's that ridiculous touchscreen buttons bullcrap) So the act of reaching down to grab a mouse and press buttons of the side of it isn't practical when you consider the limited space and the height of the counter in comparison to the height of the touchscreen monitor. Basically it's easier to stand over a keyboard and touchscreen and press down on buttons than press small buttons on the side of a mouse. BUT! That also bring the idea of a standalone macro keypad. Most of the ones I seem to find have way too many keys for what I have in mind and tend to hike up to the price of a new mechanical keyboard though. If only Corsair made like, a 6-to-9-key macro keypad that uses their own software. :( I love Corsair's macro recording software...

corsiar strafe u can program any key to do anything u like? have swap profiles on a single key press so u can have normal keyboard and a profile with ever key as a macro if u really wanted

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

9 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Whats wrong with the k95?

It's the one I use at home that I'm not willing to give up. It's my baby that I can't trust with my coworkers. :P I brought it over just to show them if they liked the feel of mechanical switches over membrane.

Just now, Cameronaxelm said:

It's the one I use at home that I'm not willing to give up. It's my baby that I can't trust with my coworkers. :P I brought it over just to show them if they liked the feel of mechanical switches over membrane.

Wait why would you be giving it up...?

Aren't you buying or the company buying a new keyboard for whatever kiosk this is??

Just now, CatXice said:

corsiar strafe u can program any key to do anything u like?

The Corsair Strafe does not come with a "00" key. If possible, I'd prefer to have a keyboard with one.

The Corsair Strafe does not come with a "00" key. If possible, I'd prefer to have a keyboard with one.

macro a key to it?

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Just now, Aytex said:

Wait why would you be giving it up...?

Aren't you buying or the company buying a new keyboard for whatever kiosk this is??

If I bring my personal K95 to work, it would stay there, and it's not what I need over there too. I'd prefer something with a "00" key. I'm personally going to buy a new keyboard specifically for the kiosk granted I find the right one for the job.

3 minutes ago, CatXice said:

macro a key to it?

I could, but that's a weird learning curve I have to throw at my coworkers. I'm not entirely sure how well it would work with how the numpad layout on the Strafe is. I mean, I could assign it to the "+" or "-" key but that would be kind of weird in relation to where the "0" key is. xD

I could, but that's a weird learning curve I have to throw at my coworkers. I'm not entirely sure how well it would work with how the numpad layout on the Strafe is. I mean, I could assign it to the "+" or "-" key but that would be kind of weird in relation to where the "0" key is. xD

make the pause break button a profile switch then have 1 profile normal and then another purly for macro's then u can have what ever u want make right arrow key 00 or somthing

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

3 minutes ago, CatXice said:

make the pause break button a profile switch then have 1 profile normal and then another purly for macro's then u can have what ever u want make right arrow key 00 or somthing

I'm trying to make this as simple as possible for my coworkers that barely understand how computers, letalone macros work. All they know is what they're used to, and how if you press a button, things happen. Chances are they're not going to memorize weird keyboard reassignments to where they normally are.  :D Sorry man.

I'm trying to make this as simple as possible for my coworkers that barely understand how computers, letalone macros work. All they know is what they're used to, and how if you press a button, things happen. Chances are they're not going to memorize weird keyboard reassignments to where they normally are.  :D Sorry man.

fair enough ahah what u could do is:

get the program that lets u have 2 keyboard in 1 pc but there seen as 2 keyboards not 1 so u can have a normal 1 and a keyboard of purly macros and just find a way to "relabel" the keys on the macro keybaord

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

1 minute ago, CatXice said:

fair enough ahah what u could do is:

get the program that lets u have 2 keyboard in 1 pc but there seen as 2 keyboards not 1 so u can have a normal 1 and a keyboard of purly macros and just find a way to "relabel" the keys on the macro keybaord

Too much bulk for the point of sale area but I think we're on the right track to a solution here, kind of like my response to turtletrain. The new keyboard, alongside a seperate peripheral specifically for macros. I'd need something small, compact, and not overpriced. :ph34r:

Too much bulk for the point of sale area but I think we're on the right track to a solution here, kind of like my response to turtletrain. The new keyboard, alongside a seperate peripheral specifically for macros. I'd need something small, compact, and not overpriced. :ph34r:

buy a cut down thats really small

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

2 minutes ago, CatXice said:

I kind of figured you were going to post this. :D

I kind of figured you were going to post this. :D

:D

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Just now, CatXice said:

buy a cut down thats really small

...recommendations?

...recommendations?

if u can use any board then massdrop had one when i was last on there 

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Not an entire keyboard. I don't need that many macros for what I want automated. I'll be giving google another try here. Thanks man. :D

theres things that the keyboard thingy razer have which might be better and easieer

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

https://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver-chroma

its expensive but if this is the sort of thing u can use then there is others i cant remember what companies like am sure if u made a post some1 would know

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)