A Surface Inspiraed Office

Microsoft Creates an Office of Surface Products

According to "The Verge" Microsoft partnered up with Steelcase"Office Masnufacturers" to create the future office space filled with surface Products, which they accompany by a video.

Microsoft is teaming up with Steelcase, designers of office furniture, to envision a Surface-powered office of the future. The collaboration involves ideas on how to best design workspaces and furniture at a time when devices are rapidly changing to fit the new ways of working. Microsoft is highlighting five “Creatives Spaces” that make the most of Surface hardware.

According to the article "Steelcase while recognizes that the concepts will not be implemented anytime soon in the coorporate world, is still planning to showcase them in shows around the world like, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Munich, and London."

Although the idea of having a single ecosystem in order your employees can work and collaborate seamlesly between each other is no new, IMHO Microsoft is onto something here and price being a quite stingy matter for some of those machines like the Surface Hub for example that would put 75%-90% of all SmB out of the questionsthe concept is really intresting and another angle that Microsoft could tangle is having Youtubers like Jonathan Morrison or Kevin Benson or even Linus to shwocase them in a sponsored video the "Creative Studio of the future or something"  in order to reach even more people and of course drive prices down a noch cause at this point they just copy Apple in pricing and still not that great style IMO.

Original Article from The Verge: http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/6/14828428/microsoft-steelcase-office-surface

Just now, Sauron said:

lol those "cubicules" look awkward and uncomfortable as hell.

Ohhhh yeah, I wouldn't want to work in one of those either, I would rather be a slave to our future robot overlords instead.9_9-_-

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's because of poor scaling with the windows surrounding it

I wouldn't say the cubicles are that bad. They're designed to be small and secluded workspaces; while it is cramped for some types of work, it's more than fine for others.

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

4 hours ago, JamieOlive said:

Ohhhh yeah, I wouldn't want to work in one of those either, I would rather be a slave to our future robot overlords instead.9_9-_-

4 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

It's because of poor scaling with the windows surrounding it

4 hours ago, divito said:

I wouldn't say the cubicles are that bad. They're designed to be small and secluded workspaces; while it is cramped for some types of work, it's more than fine for others.

"Intern cubicles" 

Lol ...

I have never been one to accept the "modern" look. :| 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

This is pretty cool, I love the surface

P.S Typos in the title and in the first part of the post

P.S.S I'll let you off you're from Greece :P (love Greece btw)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 minute ago, sof006 said:

This is pretty cool, I love the surface

P.S Typos in the title and in the first part of the post

P.S.S I'll let you off you're from Greece :P (love Greece btw)

Yeah I know, I made some by mistake to my first posts, and from then even if I don't do  a single typo I put one just in case in the topic for good luck.:ph34r::P