PCIe Selected, still uses Integrated?

So I just built my PC yesterday, and I received my GPU today.

-Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3

-i7-6700k

-2x8GB Corsair Red LED 3200MHz

-480GB SSD (SanDisk) (Boot Drive)

-1 TB HDD (Barracuda, Seagate)

-Cryorig H7 CPU Cooler

-GTX 1050 Ti (Having problems with this one)

So in the BIOS, I have my PCIe slot selected as my primary video (GTX 1050 Ti) and so I hook it up to my monitor, PC is booting, and there's no display. I change my HDMI to my onboard again, and then there's a display.

My 1050 Ti is in the PCIe slot closest to the CPU as well. Power pins all plugged in, and I've reseated it to see if that'll fix it, and there's no change.

Help..?

have you tried a different port on your graphics card?

If that doesnt work use the onboard HDMI and install the relevant drivers for the GPU and try again

If that doesnt work maybe a dead graphics card????

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Is the card being detected, like does the computer see that you have a card there? 

-CPU- 

AMD R7 1800x

-GPU- 

XFX Radeon R9 290x

-STORAGE- 

ADATA Premier SP550 480GB

Toshiba 3TB

-RAM- 

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x8)

-PSU- 

Evga 850w G2+

-MOBO- 

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

-CASE-

Corsair Obsidian 750D

-PERIPHERALS-

2013 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate

Logitech G302

-PART PICKER URL-

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vrqdQV

I'm afraid I can't try other ports on my GPU, I don't have a DVI cable, or that different version of HDMI cable.

When I disable the integrated graphics, same result, just no integrated graphics.

I will be trying the driver suggestion lol, I'll be back in a few

Just now, LordWaffleGoblin said:

Is the card being detected, like does the computer see that you have a card there? 

5 minutes ago, Se7en said:

So in the BIOS, I have my PCIe slot selected as my primary video (GTX 1050 Ti) and so I hook it up to my monitor, PC is booting, and there's no display. I change my HDMI to my onboard again, and then there's a display.

My 1050 Ti is in the PCIe slot closest to the CPU as well. Power pins all plugged in, and I've reseated it to see if that'll fix it, and there's no change.

Help..?

He says he can see it in the Bios so it is being detected

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

The GPU doesn't show up in Device Manager

Just now, hmminteresting said:

He says he can see it in the Bios so it is being detected

Their post says that they can set the pcie to be the default for graphics not that the card is there.

Just now, Se7en said:

The GPU doesn't show up in Device Manager

Sounds like it might be a dead card, any change you have another board to test it on?

-CPU- 

AMD R7 1800x

-GPU- 

XFX Radeon R9 290x

-STORAGE- 

Toshiba 3TB

-RAM- 

-PSU- 

Evga 850w G2+

-MOBO- 

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

-CASE-

Corsair Obsidian 750D

-PERIPHERALS-

Logitech G302

-PART PICKER URL-

1 minute ago, Se7en said:

I'm afraid I can't try other ports on my GPU, I don't have a DVI cable, or that different version of HDMI cable.

When I disable the integrated graphics, same result, just no integrated graphics.

I will be trying the driver suggestion lol, I'll be back in a few

Okay well if that doesnt work go out and buy a DVI cable theyre cheap enough. Also if you have a monitor not a TV then it should've come with a DVI cable. 

Also I had a problem once where the PCI bracket on my case was getting in the way of the connector on my GPU. So make sure its properly plugged in. Try it outside the case if you need to

Just now, LordWaffleGoblin said:

Their post says that they can set the pcie to be the default for graphics not that the card is there.

Sounds like it might be a dead card, any change you have another board to test it on?

Ah right soz thought it'd mean the same thing

I do have another PC to test it on, but the PSU for this 2nd one doesn't have the 6-pin cable needed, and I don't have another PSU that's not from a company nobody's ever heard of, except for the one I'm using right now. (EVGA 750W G2)

Tried to install the drivers for the GPU... it won't let me lol

Screenshot (1).png

3 minutes ago, Se7en said:

I do have another PC to test it on, but the PSU for this 2nd one doesn't have the 6-pin cable needed, and I don't have another PSU that's not from a company nobody's ever heard of, except for the one I'm using right now. (EVGA 750W G2)

just use thew EVGA  one 

Just now, Se7en said:

Tried to install the drivers for the GPU... it won't let me lol

Screenshot (1).png

was the gpu in the mobo when you tried this?

Just now, Se7en said:

Yes

Okay yeah maybe a dead card... try a different pci port on the mobo and if that doesn't work its a dead gpu

Just to be sure though try it on the other PC

5 minutes ago, Se7en said:

You might have to move the psu over to test if it is a dead card or not.

-CPU- 

AMD R7 1800x

-GPU- 

XFX Radeon R9 290x

-STORAGE- 

Toshiba 3TB

-RAM- 

-PSU- 

Evga 850w G2+

-MOBO- 

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

-CASE-

Corsair Obsidian 750D

-PERIPHERALS-

Logitech G302

-PART PICKER URL-

I'm gonna head back to the BIOS, see if I missed something.... if not, then I'll try it in my 2nd PC

Nope, I have a question though, are the fans supposed to be spinning if it's powered, or do they not spin until it hits a certain temp?

Also, it's the VGA cable on the PSU to power GPUs, right? (First PC Build, here.. lol)

1 minute ago, Se7en said:

Nope, I have a question though, are the fans supposed to be spinning if it's powered, or do they not spin until it hits a certain temp?

Also, it's the VGA cable on the PSU to power GPUs, right? (First PC Build, here.. lol)

The fans will spin when the card hits 60c I think, and yes vga power for you gpu. It might be a dead card if that is the case rma is the best option you have.

-CPU- 

AMD R7 1800x

-GPU- 

XFX Radeon R9 290x

-STORAGE- 

Toshiba 3TB

-RAM- 

-PSU- 

Evga 850w G2+

-MOBO- 

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

-CASE-

Corsair Obsidian 750D

-PERIPHERALS-

Logitech G302

-PART PICKER URL-

So I took it out, put it in my other PC, it worked. So I put it back in the same slot it was in in my PC, and it worked o.O

Oh well, I'm happy : D

9 minutes ago, Se7en said:

So I took it out, put it in my other PC, it worked. So I put it back in the same slot it was in in my PC, and it worked o.O

Strange but awesome that it works now.

-CPU- 

AMD R7 1800x

-GPU- 

XFX Radeon R9 290x

-STORAGE- 

Toshiba 3TB

-RAM- 

-PSU- 

Evga 850w G2+

-MOBO- 

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

-CASE-

Corsair Obsidian 750D

-PERIPHERALS-

Logitech G302

-PART PICKER URL-

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

Well... That's computers I guess. Can't tell you the number of times people have thought I was some sort of wizard, even though I just did the same thing they were doing and the thing just worked. Glad it works now!

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti