What do you think about Circle PSUs

Ezio Auditore

I have a circle 400W psu running a phenom 2 x4 955 and a gtx 750ti.

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

Never heard of them and they're not on RealHardTechX's PSU review database. Can't many reviews, just people asking if it's a good PSU. 

Based on that, I would stay away from it based on lack of information. 

I agree with @Sakkura, Completely avoid PSUs made by brands other than:

XFX, Corsair, Seasonic, EVGA and any other mainstream brand.

--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)

--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

1 minute ago, pbx2 said:

But there are low quality Corsair and EVGA too

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

But there are low quality Corsair and EVGA too

Yes, But they aren't awful, They are probably better than most OEM power supplies.

--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)

--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

9 minutes ago, pbx2 said:

Don't go off brand, go off individual unit. 

There are some exceptions to this, such as Seasonic, SuperFlower and Delta (kind of XFX, but the XT series isn't very good). Both Corsair and EVGA have some shockingly bad units in their line up.

3 minutes ago, pbx2 said:

Yes, But they aren't awful, They are probably better than most OEM power supplies.

Nope. Things like EVGA's W1 and N1 series are complete trash.

EDIT: The W1 400W is rated for only 25C ambient. The entire new N1 series is rated for only 25C ambient. 

5 minutes ago, pbx2 said:

The problem is that when you have new brands like Superflower that come onto the scene - if we avoided everything that wasn't mainstream, no one could become mainstream. But I agree with the concept that reviews are important, and that with any brand, reviews should be referenced as long as the reviewer is known to be truthful and in-depth.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Both Corsair and EVGA have some shocking bad units in their line up.

I see what you did there...

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

The problem is that when you have new brands like Superflower that come onto the scene - if we avoided everything that wasn't mainstream, no one could become mainstream. But I agree with the concept that reviews are important, and that with any brand, reviews should be referenced as long as the reviewer is known to be truthful and in-depth.

The other problem is that mainstream doesn't mean good and even among the some product series there can often be variations in quality or possibly even entirely different OEM and base units.

Ok, but it has been running for six years no problem. What could go wrong

24 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Ok, but it has been running for six years no problem. What could go wrong

You have a valid point. Even with some off the shelf computers they have non-mainstream brand PSUs inside and will go strong for many years. Now if you ever installed hardware that used close to that 400W, then you might see some problems. Such as voltage fluctuation, or just it not outputting the power you need. 

Intel Core i5 4690K 4.2GHz | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR3 | EVGA 960 4GB SSC SLI | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750B | Corsair Hydro Series H50

7 hours ago, joshforester said:

You have a valid point. Even with some off the shelf computers they have non-mainstream brand PSUs inside and will go strong for many years. Now if you ever installed hardware that used close to that 400W, then you might see some problems. Such as voltage fluctuation, or just it not outputting the power you need. 

So if I use a UPS I will have no problems whatsoever?

8 hours ago, pbx2 said:

Seasonic basically makes power supplies for the all reputable "brands" anyways lol

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

8 minutes ago, jasonc_01 said:

Seasonic basically makes power supplies for the all reputable "brands" anyways lol

Many reputable brands uses various of different OEMs - not just Seasonic. Actually, since Seasonic is more restrictive in what you do in a particular design, some companies such as Corsair has stop using them (the last units (AX) that was made by them were discontinued).

And obviously, reputable OEMs that has a retail name doesn't have their PSU made by Seasonic.

2 hours ago, Ezio Auditore said:

So if I use a UPS I will have no problems whatsoever?

There's no guarantee, proceed at your own risk. 

Intel Core i5 4690K 4.2GHz | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR3 | EVGA 960 4GB SSC SLI | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750B | Corsair Hydro Series H50