Dell UltraSharp U2414H screen scratched

Windarrow

I managed to screw myself up a lot, where I was blowing out a candle and managed to get wax all over the screen, since I blew too hard. Then I tried to get that wax off with semi blunt item (bottle opener) and didn't realise it would leave those scratches on my screen.

Now I would really need some help or advice, what could I do in this scenario, since it is pretty expensive screen. I googled, that it is possible to change screen protecting film on some screens, but I doubt, it is possible with this one.

Images of scratches

Really looking forward for some good advice! :)

No much you can do. Some times there is a front piece of platic, but often the panel is the very front layer and you can't change it.

Could there be use of some water based lube or even water based cream? I searched some help around google, but didn't come up to any good conclusion. It seems to be rather a matter of testing. I wonder, if anyone has any experience with this.

34 minutes ago, dragno said:

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratch-on-an-LCD-Screen

I know its for phone but its worth a shot also if you are going to try it do it on small one section to test it.

This is one thing to try for sure, but would car light polisher work also? I talked with one person at work who repairs computers, but hasn't done screen scratch fixing, that it could be a thing to try.

20 minutes ago, taurib said:

This is one thing to try for sure, but would car light polisher work also? I talked with one person at work who repairs computers, but hasn't done screen scratch fixing, that it could be a thing to try.

I know that car polish + scratcher in the same compound works great which i have seen on a car but yea not really sure about the thickness of plastic of the monitor. You think by now that our monitors would have something like gorilla glass on it or something. 

2 minutes ago, dragno said:

I know that car polish + scratcher in the same compound works great which i have seen on a car but yea not really sure about the thickness of plastic of the monitor. You think by now that our monitors would have something like gorilla glass on it or something. 

Yeah, but also, would it be reasonable to contact Dell before anything, maybe it is possible to get it repaired/replaced by them for lets say, half the price?
Since it is 200€ monitor, I don't really want to risk anything to damage it further.