My FPS in games sometimes drops to 30 fps or 20 fps

Pupp3t

Happens once every 2 - 3 weeks but yeah, the title says it all. My FPS in games (usually CS & OW) drops to 30 - 20 instead of being 200 - 300 fps.

Specs listed below: 

GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Intel i7 6700k 4.00 GHz 8M Processor Cache 4 LGA 1151

ASUS Motherboard ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 Z170-PREMIUM

Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz (PC4-25600) C16 Memory Kit

Samsung 850 PRO - 1TB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD

Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

NZXT S340 Mid Tower Case CA-S340MB-GR Matte Black/Red

Corsair 1000W RM Series

Haven't applied thermal paste in a while, it came on the water cooler though, tons of it. 

PC was built in July of last year

EDIT: Think I should've stated that the ordeal lasts for 2 minutes

How are the temps?

Use some monitoring software to track ram, cpu and gpu usage and see which one is being used the most or even capping - could be a memory leak if temps are good

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

How many other programs are you running in the background when playing cs or ow?

5 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

How are the temps?

Use some monitoring software to track ram, cpu and gpu usage and see which one is being used the most or even capping - could be a memory leak if temps are good

http://imgur.com/a/fqs4Y

Just now, TheCatWithAPlanYT said:

How many other programs are you running in the background when playing cs or ow?

Spotify, discord/skype 

Skype/discord should not affect his FPS. This could be caused by an app that uses more than 50% of his resources(mainly a simple app such as the audio soft that crashes. Happened to me with the realtek audio manager) or by a little hidden virus that likes to mess with your life/PC

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

10 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

Skype/discord should not affect his FPS. This could be caused by an app that uses more than 50% of his resources(mainly a simple app such as the audio soft that crashes. Happened to me with the realtek audio manager) or by a little hidden virus that likes to mess with your life/PC

hmm i see.

30 minutes ago, Pupp3t said:

Happens once every 2 - 3 weeks but yeah, the title says it all. My FPS in games (usually CS & OW) drops to 30 - 20 instead of being 200 - 300 fps.

Specs listed below: 

GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Intel i7 6700k 4.00 GHz 8M Processor Cache 4 LGA 1151

ASUS Motherboard ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 Z170-PREMIUM

Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz (PC4-25600) C16 Memory Kit

Samsung 850 PRO - 1TB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD

Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

NZXT S340 Mid Tower Case CA-S340MB-GR Matte Black/Red

Corsair 1000W RM Series

Haven't applied thermal paste in a while, it came on the water cooler though, tons of it. 

PC was built in July of last year

EDIT: Think I should've stated that the ordeal lasts for 2 minutes

i also have this strange issue where my GTX1070 will sit at 23 FPS in Overwatch the first thing after i boot the PC and steadfastly refuse to run at 'proper' speed.   If i restart the PC (not shutdown/poweron, but restart) it is fine and will correctly run at 100-165 FPS (165hz monitor @ 1440p).

Havent worked out why yet - easy bypass as above though. 

9 minutes ago, haloharry97 said:

just reinstall gpu drivers and useing ddu, if that dose not work just reinstall your os from the start.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

if you have Geforce Experience then all you need to do is click the 3 dots when you go into the update driver thing and you should have the option to reinstall the driver or uninstall it 

Just now, TheCatWithAPlanYT said:

if you have Geforce Experience then all you need to do is click the 3 dots when you go into the update driver thing and you should have the option to reinstall the driver or uninstall it 

ok

7 hours ago, Pupp3t said:

GPU is hot! Think temps for that are 85C, how is case cooling/airflow?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P