2x xeon E5-2643 + Titan build

Kilmer02

Hello all,

I have recently been working on a build that I consulted a small business owner on what parts to buy. There was a very overkill budget for what will be done with it so please don't point that out!

I'll drop down the specs

(2) Intel Xeon E5- 2643 CPU's

GeForce GTX Titan

Asus Z9PE-D8-WS Motherboard

64 GB (8x8GB) G.Skill Ares 1866MHz RAM

2 Corsair H60 liquid cpu coolers

Cooler master 1000w M2 silent pro PSU

Cooler Master Cosmos 2 case

LSI Megaraid 9260-8i Raid card

(6) 3TB seagate barracuda 7200 rpm drives in raid

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD

(2) Dell U3011 monitors

Creative Sound Blaster Z Audio card

CyberPower PR1500LCD 1500 VA 1050 Watts 8 Outlets UPS

The first images that I post are not of the completed system. This build will be done this weekend.

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

ALBUM FOR BETTER PICS: http://imgur.com/a/w5pX6

Photo_3.jpg

Photo_4.jpg

Photo_5.jpg

Photo_6.jpg

Photo_7.jpg

Photo_8.jpg

Photo_9.jpg

Photo_10.jpg

Photo_11.jpg

Photo_12.jpg

Photo_13.jpg

Photo_14.jpg

Photo_15.jpg

Photo_16.jpg

Photo_17.jpg

Photo_18.jpg

Photo_19.jpg

Photo_20.jpg

Photo_21.jpg

Photo_22.jpg

Photo_23.jpg

Photo_24.jpg

Photo_25.jpg

Photo_26.jpg

Photo_27.jpg

Photo_28.jpg

Photo_29.jpg

Photo_30.jpg

Photo_31.jpg

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

I thought moderators were meant to be able to post photos properly :P

i'm just putting this out there, but do a custom watercooling loop!

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

Just so you know the titan will bottleneck the xeons, Elric from tech of tomorrow saw it in his build with dual xeons and 80GB of ram.

Should upload the pics to a pic hosting site and then link to the page, these are too small to enjoy properly... just a tip. Crazy build by the sounds of it.

Just so you know the titan will bottleneck the xeons' date=' Elric from tech of tomorrow saw it in his build with dual xeons and 80GB of ram.[/quote']

The owner wont be doing anything that will use the xeons to their full potential, maybe not even half potential

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

If the xeons are overkill then the client would probally appreciate it if you told them and saved them a grand

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

If the xeons are overkill then the client would probally appreciate it if you told them and saved them a grand
not all people want to save money,some actually want to throw cash at it for no reason other than bragging rights.

you tell them "your probably won't use it to half it's extent they'll just get mad and have someone else build it or build it themselves.

and whose to say he didn't tell them?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I thought moderators were meant to be able to post photos properly :P
Hahaha

The client is more then aware that money could have been saved, but they wanted to spend it. I will work on fixing the images after class today.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes people just have budgets and they contract you to spend that money. You see it with the government (US) all the time, they say you have X$ to spend and any you don't they take back, so you always find a way to spend it all.  IMO the most overkill part of this build has to be the 2000+$ spent on monitors. They are great monitors though, I have one and love it, I hate going to work and using a 900p display after the glory of 1600p.

Corsair Fans, love it.

GTX Titan, want it.

All in all, I am pretty Jealous. Great system.

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel i7-4770K | Corsair H80i | Corsair SP120 PWM | MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | MSI GTX770 GAMING | Samsung 840EVO 120GB | 2x WD Red 2TB | Corsair AX760 | Windows 8 Pro

all in all a very nice build :) but this cablemanagement :(

If I could see a bit more of the PC i could comment more, but the spec list is cool

Wheres the shot of the final rig? I want to see the cable management. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

The client is more then aware that money could have been saved, but they wanted to spend it. I will work on fixing the images after class today.

if he has cash to blow he should have gotten a k20 and ran that for his games -_-

hehe im guesing this Build is just for the Bills and Paper-pushing? xD 

looking good and think the Customer will be more then satisfyed with the Performance hehe

//enRodjavel

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

• 3 months later...

hi

i have a question 

can i use corsair vengeance 1866 Mhz Memory module on Asu Z9pe-d8ws motherboard???

That Titan......

*drools*

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

nice build! Make sure you join the folding@home team :)

@Wackyalex

Still the GTX690 kicks the titans ass :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

nice build! Make sure you join the folding@home team :)

@Wackyalex

Still the GTX690 kicks the titans ass :)

This Pc was built for another person, as he runs a small buisness that works with building pc/picking components. 

Q.Q

not all people want to save money,some actually want to throw cash at it for no reason other than bragging rights. you tell them "your probably won't use it to half it's extent they'll just get mad and have someone else build it or build it themselves. and whose to say he didn't tell them?

I'm pretty sure if the guy wanted bragging rights he'd know about computers. If you know about computers, why would you let someone else build your computer? And I don't see too many people bragging about workstations

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Get another titan, cause 1 isnt enough and maybe like 6 screens?

Jokes...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb