Display Driver Crash

maddoggaming15

Okay First off i have posted this issue before without any suggestions that helped resolving my issue. ( this PC is haunted a swear )

The problem is Display driver and crashed and successfully recovered error 4101, the video card in question is the EVGA GTX 970 SSC. The crash is very random i could go days, weeks, fine without a crash and out of know where my pc will crash with this error many times a day or within a week period. Happens on many games so can't just rule out 1 game.

Games i mainly play and have crashed at some point in time.

Guildwars 2 

Path of exile

Diablo 3

Overwatch

Dayz 

Steps preformed

DDU tried Disk drivers , many other drivers now im sitting on 378.49

Tried new PSU ( returned it didn't solve my issue )

New Ram

New Mobo

Formatted many times even tried windows 7 instead of 10 

Ran Furmark for hours without a Crash / gpu and cpu temps are fine 

Seatools checked SSD and HDD Tests passed

Intel cpu diagnostic tool (everything passed )

Ran Memtest on new ram (4-5 hours Passed)

mobo Bios updated to newest

Cleaned pc real well new thermal paste on CPU 

Valley benchmark no crashes 

RMA GPU same issue on new one 

rx 280x (old card crashed every once and a while ) (Reason for 970 upgrade at the time ) (sold 280x so can't test again )

TDR delay ( this shit doesn't work )

Tested with Adia64 and cpuid hwmonitor

Updated frimware on SSD and HDD 

PC specs 

i5 4690k (not overcloked )

EVGA GTX 970 ssc ( not overclocked )

16 GB ram 1600 

Asus b85 mobo 

500gb HDD hitachi drive

120 GB SSD Kingston Drive

WIndows 7

850 watt black window power supply 

dell 1920x1080 isp panel ( Main display)

2nd Display HP 1440x900 

Both display are at 60 hertz 

So im lost at this point , Bad PC part ? , Nvidia drivers suck this bad ? time to say fuck it and rebuild ? not sure anymore from my end my PC is running normal and fine expect this crash randomly. I think i have pretty good knowledge on PCS but for whatever reason this Issue and stomped me for 6months + and can't seem to find a fix . anyways thanks for reading -Mason 

EDIT 

firestrike.png

intel test.png

Valley scores

Unigine_Valley_Benchmark_1.0_20170317_0936.html

3 hours ago, Himommies said:

Temps

all perfectly fine gaming for over a hour now 

cores 1-4 35-43 degrees

package 43

gpu 61 degrees 

That sounds really unlucky.  You've pretty much tried everything.  Was the motherboard replacement a different board or an RMA replacement?

In the past when I've gotten the display driver crash/recovery (last time I got that was with my 560ti), it was because of not getting enough power.  Some guides say the card should be in 'performance mode' on the nvidia cp.

Maybe you could still try out a different pin power cable, maybe something fishy happened? o.O

Oh and do you by any chance have software like MSI afterburner / Evga precision installed? Because it seems that those two can cause havoc on some systems, don't ask because I don't understand nor know how it works, it just does! :) 

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

• 3 weeks later...

Still a on going issue can't seem to solve this display crash its really starting too piss me off enough to say F PC gaming 

My Pc is 100% up to date no idea anymore......

On 3/2/2017 at 0:00 AM, Biggerboot said:

That sounds really unlucky.  You've pretty much tried everything.  Was the motherboard replacement a different board or an RMA replacement?

In the past when I've gotten the display driver crash/recovery (last time I got that was with my 560ti), it was because of not getting enough power.  Some guides say the card should be in 'performance mode' on the nvidia cp.

yeah done all that stuff 

Only parts in my system that are old would be my power supply and HDD idk if i should replace and test this not sure.

On 3/17/2017 at 11:52 AM, maddoggaming15 said:

yeah done all that stuff 

Throughout all of this have you simply RMA'd the motherboard or replace it with a different model entirely?  I would say there could be a small freak chance of compatibility issues.  Try another PSU if it's possible too.

Really at this point you need to eliminate every variable possible, even things like usb peripherals.

On 3/19/2017 at 0:22 AM, Biggerboot said:

Throughout all of this have you simply RMA'd the motherboard or replace it with a different model entirely?  I would say there could be a small freak chance of compatibility issues.  Try another PSU if it's possible too.

Really at this point you need to eliminate every variable possible, even things like usb peripherals.

i flat out bought a new mobo and ram same crash

tried a new power supply before changing mobo and ram same crash 

only these i have not tried are hard drive and cpu 

only usb devices are mouse and keyboard and wireless usb stick