60D? 600D? 650D???? Which one is best price to performance?

So as the title states, I need to know which one is best for mostly videos. I know the 60D is a lot more expensive, but is it worth the extra? Which comes with the best stock lens? Which one is best with an aftermarket lens? Which one is the clearest? Is there any other options available mostly in the sub 800$/600€/500£?

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I like the 60D because it has a better build and is bigger than the others. Pricewise I would probably get a 600D with a decent aftermarket lens. Other options might be the Nikon 3200 and a decent lens. I saw somewhere else that Canon is releasing a new camera tomorrow so maybe you can wait until then to see what it is. I would definitely reccomend getting +1000$ Camera maybe second hand and you can be sure to get the best performance. Maybe a 7D would be nice for you, very sturdy and big build and excellent auto- focus system

60d is the best camera out of that lot, 650d next 600d last 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I like the 60D because it has a better build and is bigger than the others. Pricewise I would probably get a 600D with a decent aftermarket lens. Other options might be the Nikon 3200 and a decent lens. I saw somewhere else that Canon is releasing a new camera tomorrow so maybe you can wait until then to see what it is. I would definitely reccomend getting +1000$ Camera maybe second hand and you can be sure to get the best performance. Maybe a 7D would be nice for you, very sturdy and big build and excellent auto- focus system

Great advice, thank you! I will be sure to see what's going on tomorrow, and also have a look at the 7D! The Nikon does seem to be quite reasonable in price though.

So I guess you own a 60D? Do you have any expample photos and or videos I might be able to have a look at?

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Great advice, thank you! I will be sure to see what's going on tomorrow, and also have a look at the 7D! The Nikon does seem to be quite reasonable in price though.

So I guess you own a 60D? Do you have any expample photos and or videos I might be able to have a look at?

Shot on 60d 

#KilledMyWife 

That's pretty good :D

I own/ use the 7D, but I've looked at the 60D which they have in nearly every tech store here and could play around with it. 

Do these cameras have good built in microphones? Or will I need to buy one?

the have built in mics, but they're alright....you can use them, but if you're producing a movie I think Sony SLT Cameras are slightly better, because of their continous auto focus system

built in mic.... its ok 

#KilledMyWife 

the have built in mics, but they're alright....you can use them, but if you're producing a movie I think Sony SLT Cameras are slightly better, because of their continous auto focus system

built in mic.... its ok 

Can you recommend a hopefully cheap boom mic or something along those lines? 

And an aftermarket lens maybe?

Can you recommend a hopefully cheap boom mic or something along those lines? 

And an aftermarket lens maybe?

zoom h1, 50mm canon L lens 

#KilledMyWife 

Will the quality be good even when using the cameras own pre-amp or whatever it's called?

zoom h1, 50mm canon L 

that's a prime lens and isn't it quite expensive?

that's a prime lens and isn't it quite expensive?

yeah, but its pristine for video 

#KilledMyWife 

am i the only one who thought he was talking about corsair cases? :D

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

The difference for video quality between most cameras is fairly small. The only difference you'll find between the 600, 650 and 60D will be features. I also wouldn't recommend using the built in mic for any reason. It's fine, but compared to any external mic it's useless.

As someone mentioned, Sony makes some excellent cameras for video as well, although the "continuous auto focus" is a bit over-hyped due to only working at f/3.5. Regardless which brand you go with you will want to focus manually for the best effect. It's quite a skill to be able to seamlessly do manual focus, but it's well worth learning.

I personally use a Sony Alpha A77 with the beautiful 16-50mm f/2.8 lens, although I do mostly photos and never really got into video.

Regardless which one you choose, look for something like a 24-105mm or 18-135mm as those lenses are very versatile and thus good for video.

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

The difference for video quality between most cameras is fairly small. The only difference you'll find between the 600, 650 and 60D will be features. I also wouldn't recommend using the built in mic for any reason. It's fine, but compared to any external mic it's useless.

As someone mentioned, Sony makes some excellent cameras for video as well, although the "continuous auto focus" is a bit over-hyped due to only working at f/3.5. Regardless which brand you go with you will want to focus manually for the best effect. It's quite a skill to be able to seamlessly do manual focus, but it's well worth learning.

I personally use a Sony Alpha A77 with the beautiful 16-50mm f/28 lens, although I do mostly photos and never really got into video.

Regardless which one you choose, look for something like a 24-105mm or 18-135mm as those lenses are very versatile and thus good for video.

So let's say I'm on a bit of a budget, it wouldn't matter too much which one I get for video? My mom might take pictures on it too, but I guess anything is an upgrade from an old 5 megapixel compact canon :P

Also would it be much of a hassle for you to show me a sample video and or photos that you have taken with your A77? I'd appreciate it greatly :)

So let's say I'm on a bit of a budget, it wouldn't matter too much which one I get for video? My mom might take pictures on it too, but I guess anything is an upgrade from an old 5 megapixel compact canon :P

Also would it be much of a hassle for you to show me a sample video and or photos that you have taken with your A77? I'd appreciate it greatly :)

It all depends on your budget really. Lenses matter more than bodies in many cases, especially for photos.

As said, the main differences between these bodies are simply the features and photographic capabilities.

Do some research about each model and figure out what differences they have in terms of features. A single versatile lens in the ranges between around 18-28 to 100-200 are often good depending on what you intend to do, although your average kit lens (18-55) will work fine for a beginner, although may lack some range in the longer end, so you maybe can't zoom as much as you'd want to.

A lower first number (18) means a wider view when zoomed out and the second number (55) determines how much it zooms in, the higher the second number, the greater the zoom. So since an 18-55 is pretty fine if your close to your subject but can't zoom too far, a 24-105 or 18-135 or 18-200 will be about the same when not zoomed in but will zoom in much closer. The 18-135 should be the cheapest I think.

As for a video sample, I'm at school right now but I may be able to get one for you either tonight or tomorrow. I'll post something when I'm able to.

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

It all depends on your budget really. Lenses matter more than bodies in many cases, especially for photos.

As said, the main differences between these bodies are simply the features and photographic capabilities.

Do some research about each model and figure out what differences they have in terms of features. A single versatile lens in the ranges between around 18-28 to 100-200 are often good depending on what you intend to do, although your average kit lens (18-55) will work fine for a beginner, although may lack some range in the longer end, so you maybe can't zoom as much as you'd want to.

A lower first number (18) means a wider view when zoomed out and the second number (55) determines how much it zooms in, the higher the second number, the greater the zoom. So since an 18-55 is pretty fine if your close to your subject but can't zoom too far, a 24-105 or 18-135 or 18-200 will be about the same when not zoomed in but will zoom in much closer. The 18-135 should be the cheapest I think.

As for a video sample, I'm at school right now but I may be able to get one for you either tonight or tomorrow. I'll post something when I'm able to.

So if I get like a cheaper 600/650D body only, and then a good lens, the difference won't be night and day between the 60D and 600/650? For the features, all I need is to record in 1080P

Would a 18-135 as you mentioned, be sufficient for seeing a remote control aircraft about 1.5 meters in length at an altitude of about 50 to 100 meters?

And no hurry with the samples, don't do it if it is too much of a hassle for you.

So if I get like a cheaper 600/650D body only, and then a good lens, the difference won't be night and day between the 60D and 600/650? For the features, all I need is to record in 1080P

Would a 18-135 as you mentioned, be sufficient for seeing a remote control aircraft about 1.5 meters in length at an altitude of about 50 to 100 meters?

And no hurry with the samples, don't do it if it is too much of a hassle for you.

Indeed. The 60D has some more control for audio I believe such as manual gain adjustment and other manual controls for more effectively fine-tuning it which caters more towards hobbyists/enthusiasts and professionals than starters.

The 18-135 should work for that range but may be a tad borderline. The 18-55 will certainly not zoom in far enough. A 55-200mm or (maybe a little more preferably) 70/75-300 lens should be a nice compliment for that added range. I wouldn't suggest either of them on their own though won't have the same range on the wide side though (they won't zoom out as much) as an 18-55 or 18-135.

My suggestion is to start with the 18-135 and buy the 55-200 or 70-300 (or 75-300 whichever you can find cheaper)  if you feel you need the extra zoom.

I'll be sure to get samples at this range when I record my samples.

Indeed. The 60D has some more control for audio I believe such as manual gain adjustment and other manual controls for more effectively fine-tuning it which caters more towards hobbyists/enthusiasts and professionals than starters.

The 18-135 should work for that range but may be a tad borderline. The 18-55 will certainly not zoom in far enough. A 55-200mm or (maybe a little more preferably) 70/75-300 lens should be a nice compliment for that added range. I wouldn't suggest either of them on their own though won't have the same range on the wide side though (they won't zoom out as much) as an 18-55 or 18-135.

My suggestion is to start with the 18-135 and buy the 55-200 or 70-300 (or 75-300 whichever you can find cheaper)  if you feel you need the extra zoom.

I'll be sure to get samples at this range when I record my samples.

I am not sure do I need that gain control, since with an aftermarket mic like the zoom H1 there should be gain control on the mic itself.

18-135 it is then. And another higher zoom one if needed. Do you have any preferences in lens brand? Or maybe name a few trusted ones?

I am not sure do I need that gain control, since with an aftermarket mic like the zoom H1 there should be gain control on the mic itself.

18-135 it is then. And another higher zoom one if needed. Do you have any preferences in lens brand? Or maybe name a few trusted ones?

Canon's own lenses are usually well-regarded of course.

For 3rd parties, Sigma and Tamron are known good brands, although the cheapo models can be quite a hit or miss.

Also, I got a quick low-light video just now. I'll upload it when I have time for ya!