Significant wait times for programs to launch after windows 10 fresh install

Hi all, within the last month I had formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 to clear up some space. Since then, my programs have been booting up slowly.

I have a pretty powerful machine (i7 4770k, EVGA 1080, 16gb ram, 128 SSD boot drive, etc.) Before I had reinstalled Windows 10 everything loaded fine. Chrome was open in less than a second and windows explorer worked fine.

Now, sometimes when I launch a chrome it takes 8-10 seconds to open or I'll launch windows explorer and it will begin to fill it's progression bar like when you search something and take about 30-40 seconds before I can use it. This NEVER happened on my old build.

Also my CPU sits around 20-25% usage while on the desktop with nothing running it always sat around 8-12% usage on the old system while running A LOT more processes and services.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

This is a photo of my CPU usage with just google chrome open. It's not very steady at all, and even with heavy gaming, it would never get that high before my clean install.

c4ad43b3211c72f3a516655f5e609580.png

1 minute ago, Scruffaduff said:

Also my CPU sits around 20-25% usage while on the desktop with nothing running it always sat around 8-12% usage on the old system while running A LOT more processes and services.

How about clicking the "processes" or "app history" tab in task manager and actually looking at what is using that CPU...?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have been watching, but there is nothing that really stands out as the culprit.

You have apps launching at startup that are bogging down your system. Please post a screenshot right after startup including both system resources and apps.