Dual monitor setup

Edward768

So now i have a UHD 60hz ips screen with g-sync hooked up to my 1080sli setup, i want to buy another monitor for dual monitor setup, is it possible to hook up one monitor with UHD 60Hz and another monitor with QHD and 144Hz, so they run at the same time and one is used for shooter games and the second one is for other games (like Civ6 or else) and while gaming i can use one monitor for something else, like looking up on google smthing or changing music...

How is da possibruu? Graphic cardsa generate 60 hz for one display and 144 hz for another?

19 minutes ago, Edward768 said:

Will it decrease the power output too?

like are you talking about wattage??? but if you mean will it slow down your other stuff it shouldn't and if you find it does you can always get a used or low end gpu and slap it in to run the second screen oh and your fucking 1080 sli as well just hook each screen to the top card 

You will be able to use one monitor for gaming and one for other tasks, but most games bind the mouse cursor to them which restricts you to playing 1 game at a time unless in a windowed mode. 

2 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

just hook each screen to a separate card and you'll have nothing to worry about

Not how SLI connectivity works, you plug both monitors into the top or master card. To use both GPUs separately, you would need to disable SLI.

multiple monitors can be driven with different refresh rates and resolutions ... you can have one screen at 1920x1080 144Hz and another one at 1360x768 60Hz for example - the only time this might become problematic is when you want to have the SAME output on both screens ... then you have to go with the lowest resolution and refresh rate of the two screens

3 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

You will be able to use one monitor for gaming and one for other tasks, but most games bind the mouse cursor to them which restricts you to playing 1 game at a time unless in a windowed mode. 

Not how SLI connectivity works, you plug both monitors into the top or master card. To use both GPUs separately, you would need to disable SLI.

you just run everything in windowed borderless mode some games dont support it but heres a program that adds support for it to most games that dont http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/ but sli has Windowed gaming & interactive web mode so you dont have to full screen 

also you will have to plug both cables into the top card though you can also hook the second display to your igpu as well if you don't want to fuck around with the sli configuration 

Just now, Alaradia said:

display spanning not sli

surround display through SLI, but the output ports for SLI get very complicated quickly as the top card is known as the "master" card and the bottom card is known as the "node" card. The "master" card will always be utilized to 100% before the "node" card, this usually means that the best option of where to plug in is the top card as you will be less likely to see dropped frames, stuttering, or GPU utilization drop.

12 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

like are you talking about wattage??? but if you mean will it slow down your other stuff it shouldn't and if you find it does you can always get a used or low end gpu and slap it in to run the second screen oh and your fucking 1080 sli as well just hook each screen to a separate card and you'll have nothing to worry about 

Bro dafuq, 3 gpus, great.... And one 1080 cant run UHD on max at 60Hz

4 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

surround display through SLI, but the output ports for SLI get very complicated quickly as the top card is known as the "master" card and the bottom card is known as the "node" card. The "master" card will always be utilized to 100% before the "node" card, this usually means that the best option of where to plug in is the top card as you will be less likely to see dropped frames, stuttering, or GPU utilization drop.

When not gaming will i be able to do everything freely on both screens, as it was a one screen?

2 minutes ago, Edward768 said:

Bro dafuq, 3 gpus, great.... And one 1080 cant run UHD on max at 60Hz

depends on the game most can do uhd at 60 hz with a 1080  and i wasnt insulting 3 gpus i also run 3 gpus and sometimes 4

1 minute ago, Edward768 said:

When not gaming will i be able to do everything freely on both screens, as it was a one screen?

youll be able to do it while gaming as long as your in windowed borderless mode or windowed mode

1 minute ago, Alaradia said:

youll be able to do it while gaming as long as your in windowed borderless mode or windowed mode

Well i meant that when i wont be gaming but using my browser, so for example my browser will be open on one screen but programming software or file explorer or anything on second screen. The thing which i am afraid of is the different refresh rates of the screens and also the resolution.

Just now, Edward768 said:

Well i meant that when i wont be gaming but using my browser, so for example my browser will be open on one screen but programming software or file explorer or anything on second screen. The thing which i am afraid of is the different refresh rates of the screens and also the resolution.

So i can easily move from one to another screen without tabbing anything, just with cursor? Yes or no?

you can place your applications windows (browser, text editor and whatever else you have) on wichever screen you want.

and the tool that @Alaradia recommended is indeed great for gaming on a multiple monitor setup - i use it myself because many games don't offer a "borderless window" mode and absolutely don't like alt+tab

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

you can place your applications windows (browser, text editor and whatever else you have) on wichever screen you want.

and the tool that @Alaradia recommended is indeed great for gaming on a multiple monitor setup - i use it myself because many games don't offer a "borderless window" mode and absolutely don't like alt+tab

If i had any space for another gpu, as i have my cpu water cooled and 2 gpus already... Thanks for confirming ^^

If i had any space for another gpu, as i have my cpu water cooled and 2 gpus already... Thanks for confirming ^^

you dont need another gpu to do this you can do this with sli and with your 2 cards

you can have multiple monitors connected to one single GPU - what does that have to do with it ?

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

you can have multiple monitors connected to one single GPU - what does that have to do with it ?

Uff, srry didnt see @Alaradia reply with the software site...