Audio-Technica ATH-M50WH

shirokado

About to get a pair of  audio technica ath-m50wh's. Alot of reviews say they sound amazing. Is there any comparble headphones at this price range? Reviews say these sound as good as 300 dollar headphones. And its 130 on amazon, so its fairly cheap if they sound that good.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

You can't compare headphones based on their price, and at the same time you have to factor in preference (your "best headphone" might not be my "best headphone"). 

That said, they're a very popular headphone, so they shouldn't be bad.

its a very good very detailed headphone especially for string instruments. 

for the price I think the sony v6 or 7506 is about as detailed. 

to make the m50 comfortable I bent the metal headband backwards to ease the headclampiness and I pulled the cloth earcups off of my broken ass turtle beach headphones and attached them to my m50 

been using mine for a couple of days now, they are very accurate. They sound (at least in my opinion) better than my Sennheiser PC360's, which are supposedly the same as HD558's. It's got some really clear and defined sound, and a wide spectre of sound. the bass is deep and quite rich if you want that. This is how I've interpreted it, and others might have different opinions. For me, it was worth getting them. 

However: they can clamp a little bit, and the leather pads get sweaty. overall, I think my Sennheisers are more comfortable, but not by enough that I use the Sennheisers instead. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

been using mine for a couple of days now, they are very accurate. They sound (at least in my opinion) better than my Sennheiser PC360's, which are supposedly the same as HD558's. It's got some really clear and defined sound, and a wide spectre of sound. the bass is deep and quite rich if you want that. This is how I've interpreted it, and others might have different opinions. For me, it was worth getting them. 

However: they can clamp a little bit, and the leather pads get sweaty. overall, I think my Sennheisers are more comfortable, but not by enough that I use the Sennheisers instead. 

post-7799-0-53507700-1379899626.jpg