What drone should I get

Hello guys,

Maybe someone could help me with my question. I am looking to buy a used drone Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0 (costs around 350Eu at my country) or Phantom 3 Standard (around 480Eu at my country). Which of these is better and why? I'm looking to make short videos for fun, film my cousins dirt bike race, and also explore the sky :) Also if you can suggest any other drones for similar price please suggest.

Thank you in advance.

As an avid race photographer who has been there with TORC and AMA, be absolutely certain that you have the authorization to operate an arial photography vehicle at the event, that you are properly credentialed, and that you have any other fees (like a vendor fee for providing a service while at the track) taken care of WAY BEFORE you arrive... because if you show up with a quadcopter and say i wanna film this one guy... they are probably going to laugh at you and send you packing. You don't want to be the reason they red flag (stop) a race. You will feel like an asshole, and rightly so.

I would get a P3, but i'd also get the professional version of it as it is the most feature ridden of the P3 line, and you will be left wanting.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

As an avid race photographer who has been there with TORC and AMA, be absolutely certain that you have the authorization to operate an arial photography vehicle at the event, that you are properly credentialed, and that you have any other fees (like a vendor fee for providing a service while at the track) taken care of WAY BEFORE you arrive... because if you show up with a quadcopter and say i wanna film this one guy... they are probably going to laugh at you and send you packing. You don't want to be the reason they red flag (stop) a race. You will feel like an asshole, and rightly so.

I would get a P3, but i'd also get the professional version of it as it is the most feature ridden of the P3 line, and you will be left wanting.

Thanks for your comment. Since many of the races are organized by people I know very well I don't think getting all the permits to film will be hard. And of course i'm aware that I'll need to get all permits at least a week before the event. But mostly I'm not sure which drone is more worth since I don't think I'll be able to afford an advanced or pro version of phantom 3.

Al tho I got few offers of phantom 3 standard and advanced. But both of the drones got defects. The standard one was priced for 200 Eu, because the lights are blinking, the drone is beeping but it doesn't liftoff. He said he got it from a friend who gave him it away and is now trying to sell it. So i feel it's too much risk to buy this kind of drone at it's state. The advanced I was offered for 440 Eu. The seller said it's not working because he tried to somehow upgrade the remote and he broke it because after he soldered a new antenna on it  the drone doesn't work anymore. 

As you are experienced with phantom drones maybe you can suggest what kind of deal I could make if I get an offer with some broken or not fully functional drones and what kind of deals I should consider taking?

i suggested in another thread about a defective/broken motherboard: I do not suggest buying known defective equipment. Unless the method of repair is known and well demonstrated to be effective, i'd steer clear.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 hour ago, sniip said:

As you are experienced with phantom drones maybe you can suggest what kind of deal I could make if I get an offer with some broken or not fully functional drones and what kind of deals I should consider taking?

i suggested in another thread about a defective/broken motherboard: I do not suggest buying known defective equipment. Unless the method of repair is known and well demonstrated to be effective, i'd steer clear.

It's your money. What are you comfortable flushing down the toilet?

System specs:

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

It's your money. What are you comfortable flushing down the toilet?

Well I suppose even if I know some defect might be fixed but I will never be sure what kind of problem there is with a drone unless I buy it. But if I compare P3 standard and Advanced versions, apart the travel distance I don't see any other differences, am I missing something?

4 hours ago, sniip said:

Hello guys,

Maybe someone could help me with my question. I am looking to buy a used drone Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0 (costs around 350Eu at my country) or Phantom 3 Standard (around 480Eu at my country). Which of these is better and why? I'm looking to make short videos for fun, film my cousins dirt bike race, and also explore the sky :) Also if you can suggest any other drones for similar price please suggest.

Thank you in advance.

definitely the 3. the 2 vision+ isn't supported very well anymore. depending on your income, save up for a 4. believe me!

10 hours ago, sniip said:

Hello guys,

Thank you in advance.

i fly racing quads so i dont know a lot about phantoms but i have heard a lot of great things about the hubsan x4 pro. if you want reviews of some good quads around the 300 euro price point, check out the gps equipped quadcopters playlist here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC90A4JdsSoFm1Okfu0DHTuQ/playlists. i hope i helped!

______     ______     ______     ______     __  __     __   __     ______     __   __     ______     ______  
/\  __ \   /\  == \   /\  __ \   /\  ___\   /\ \_\ \   /\ "-.\ \   /\  ___\   /\ "-.\ \   /\  ___\   /\__  _\ 
\ \  __ \  \ \  __<   \ \  __ \  \ \ \____  \ \  __ \  \ \ \-.  \  \ \  __\   \ \ \-.  \  \ \  __\   \/_/\ \/ 
 \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\  \ \_____\  \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\\"\_\  \ \_____\  \ \_\\"\_\  \ \_____\    \ \_\ 
  \/_/\/_/   \/_/ /_/   \/_/\/_/   \/_____/   \/_/\/_/   \/_/ \/_/   \/_____/   \/_/ \/_/   \/_____/     \/_/