If intel released a new Core i3 that is a 4 core, will the new 4 core i3 have the same performance as the old 2 core i3?

1 minute ago, NerdyCoder said:

If the Core i3 got upgraded to a 4 core, will the new 4 core have the same gaming performance as the 2 core?

Well no one knows...

maybe intel

I don't understand your question. If Intel grans one of its quad-cores and renames it "i3", it's still going to be the same quad-core CPU.

If they release a new quad-core with different specs and labels it "i3", it's performance will be up to those different specs.

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I don't understand your question. If Intel grans one of its quad-cores and renames it "i3", it's still going to be the same quad-core CPU.

If they release a new quad-core with different specs and labels it "i3", it's performance will be up to those different specs.

I think your profile photo sums this post up pretty well xD 

8 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

If the Core i3 got upgraded to a 4 core, will the new 4 core have the same gaming performance as the 2 core?

think you need to learn how to title a post instead of copy and pasting the post into the title bar

I lurk a lot

8 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

Yes. A very good example is the i5-7400 vs the i3-6100. Much lower clock speed but the 2 extra physical cores make a huge difference. Anyways, the Pentium G4560 basically made every i3 a useless buy unless that extra 5% performance for $60 is worth it for anyone.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

9 minutes ago, TheCatWithAPlanYT said:

um... I mean if you upgraded to an i5 then yes you would xD

Im asking about if intel released a new i3, but the new i3 is 4 core, will it have the simillar performance as the old 2 core i3?

DUE TO MANY REQUESTS I HAVE LEFT THIS FORUM FOREVER.

Just now, NerdyCoder said:

Im asking about if intel released a new i3, but the new i3 is 4 core, will it have the simillar performance as the old 2 core i3?

oh, then probs not. it would be like an i5 then I guess or they would just make one or two of those cores less powerful.

5 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

No, it will then just perform like an i5 with less cache and a less powerful iGPU.

I wish I knew what's going on at Intel HQ right now xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB