Should i upgrade ? or...

Yagyu

Hi , my parens pc is kinda getting old and its starting to lag , ( i cleaned it with defraggler and ccleaner not long ago ). so i was wondering would it be better to buy a new one or just upgrade it ? those are the specs .

( tell me what i should upgrade it with ).

Check the picture i uplauded , but ignore the second (acer) monitor i need to remove it to use it in another setup.

2017-02-25_14-28-31.png

I would tell you to upgrade but if you upgrade one thing you will have to buy 2-3 other things and so on ... for ex. If you upgrade cpu you will need new mobo and ram - if you upgrade gpu you will have to upgrade everything 

Build a new pc and sell this pc or use it for something else

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB HyperX RAM

CPU: R5 3600 

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming K4

Just now, Radiant said:

buy a new one

it would cost too much to upgrade it so its better to buy a new one ? 

If you can upgrade it cheaply and it will serve your needs, then upgrade it. Otherwise get something newer

ok thanks guys , what would you people recomand , something that can play minimum games and do the jobs for my parents.

is the trash can from hp linus talked about would be great ?

14 minutes ago, Yagyu said:

Hi , my parens pc is kinda getting old and its starting to lag , ( i cleaned it with defraggler and ccleaner not long ago ). so i was wondering would it be better to buy a new one or just upgrade it ? those are the specs .

( tell me what i should upgrade it with ).

Check the picture i uplauded , but ignore the second (acer) monitor i need to remove it to use it in another setup.

2017-02-25_14-28-31.png

Buy a new one ddr2 is horrible and that CPU socket doesn't good

5400k apu/biostar fm2-fm2+ MB and a 4gig stick of 2133 ram. you might get lucky by swapping the HD into that and having everything work without too much hassle.

less than $100.

I am unfamiliar with this CPU in terms of performance. But on my mother's computer, getting an SSD has really boosted the performance. It startups really quickly, and same for programs. Her computer has only 4GB of RAM and runs on a Core 2 Duo. Now, of course, it won't accelerate processing speed. That is the CPU. But basically now you are at a point where the CPU is more of the bottleneck, and not that 7,200 RPM HDD, even if you got some brand new super fast model, and stick it inside instead of an SSD.

But ultimately it depends on your budget. An SSD can cost you around 100$ (of course it depends on the needed capacity, and region pricing), or you can buy a new computer (with an SSD as well), spending a lot more, especially if you seek something decent.

10 minutes ago, LabRat said:

5400k apu/biostar fm2-fm2+ MB and a 4gig stick of 2133 ram. you might get lucky by swapping the HD into that and having everything work without too much hassle.

less than $100.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I am unfamiliar with this CPU in terms of performance. But on my mother's computer, getting an SSD has really boosted the performance. It startups really quickly, and same for programs. Her computer has only 4GB of RAM and runs on a Core 2 Duo. Now, of course, it won't accelerate processing speed. That is the CPU. But basically now you are at a point where the CPU is more of the bottleneck, and not that 7,200 RPM HDD, even if you got some brand new super fast model, and stick it inside instead of an SSD.

But ultimately it depends on your budget. An SSD can cost you around 100$ (of course it depends on the needed capacity, and region pricing), or you can buy a new computer (with an SSD as well), spending a lot more, especially if you seek something decent.

22 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

If you can upgrade it cheaply and it will serve your needs, then upgrade it. Otherwise get something newer

23 minutes ago, Radiant said:

buy a new one

23 minutes ago, Lolcrokn said:

I would tell you to upgrade but if you upgrade one thing you will have to buy 2-3 other things and so on ... for ex. If you upgrade cpu you will need new mobo and ram - if you upgrade gpu you will have to upgrade everything 

Build a new pc and sell this pc or use it for something else

12 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

Buy a new one ddr2 is horrible and that CPU socket doesn't good

thanks you all for the suggestions , i think getting a new one would be better .

46 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's so weird that it has two hard drives, especially since they're both so large.  Did you add one?

well actualy it was my father pc before but since he quited due to family probleme its y mother pc , i cant tell you everything he modified and hy , but i ca n tell you that he changed the gpu.