Gta 5 major stuttering

Rhys19762

Hi all, I'm currently having a big issue with gta 5 in that in game especially when driving cars I am getting major stuttering. And just to be clear not fps drops, just small freezing as well as the audio stutters with it and cuts out for a few seconds. This has only become an issue recently and happens after 5-15 mins of starting the game. Some people say adding an ssd helps but I want to know that before spending loads of money. I ran task manager whilst playing and saw my disc was 100% and my memory was around 80%. Most other games run fine, and from time to time it's other programs using a lot of disc also suck as windows tasks and avg. So my question is what can I do to fix this. Any help is appreciated thanks! 

Cpu: i5-6500 3.20 ghz 

gpu: msi gtx 1080 gaming x 8gb

hdd: 1tb 

motherboard: msi z170m mortar 

ram: ddr4 8gb two sticks 

Just now, Rhys19762 said:

Hi all, I'm currently having a big issue with gta 5 in that in game especially when driving cars I am getting major stuttering. And just to be clear not fps drops, just small freezing as well as the audio stutters with it and cuts out for a few seconds. This has only become an issue recently and happens after 5-15 mins of starting the game. Some people say adding an ssd helps but I want to know that before spending loads of money. I ran task manager whilst playing and saw my disc was 100% and my memory was around 80%. Most other games run fine, and from time to time it's other programs using a lot of disc also suck as windows tasks and avg. So my question is what can I do to fix this. Any help is appreciated thanks! 

Do the cpu and gpu overheat? Also what are the resolution and settings?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Sorry forgot to mention I pay the settings on high but that has never been an issue and on 1080p. I don't know how to tell if my gpu and CPU are overheating but I doubt it.

Use some program to monitor nxzt cam hwinfo, you have few good choices, if it is not overheating, or having power draw issue, it coud be hard drive, try to lisen to you drive while its loading, when drives are faulty they tend to be louder when under load.

5 minutes ago, Rhys19762 said:

Hi all, I'm currently having a big issue with gta 5 in that in game especially when driving cars I am getting major stuttering. And just to be clear not fps drops, just small freezing as well as the audio stutters with it and cuts out for a few seconds. This has only become an issue recently and happens after 5-15 mins of starting the game. Some people say adding an ssd helps but I want to know that before spending loads of money. I ran task manager whilst playing and saw my disc was 100% and my memory was around 80%. Most other games run fine, and from time to time it's other programs using a lot of disc also suck as windows tasks and avg. I run the game on high 1080p settings with msaa 8 but graphics have never been an issue it's just the stuttering. So my question is what can I do to fix this. Any help is appreciated thanks! 

I can't help much, but I am positive an SSD isn't going to fix the issue. I run my games off my HDD and have no games on my SSD, shouldn't make any difference, all it will do is load you into the game quicker. Vsync enabled? Supersampling? 

9 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

I can't help much, but I am positive an SSD isn't going to fix the issue. I run my games off my HDD and have no games on my SSD, shouldn't make any difference, all it will do is load you into the game quicker. Vsync enabled? Supersampling? 

Yes, vsync and super sampling are enabled but this problem only just started recently, so I have no idea why. 

Why do you have to make another post? You've already made one:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

20 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Why do you have to make another post? You've already made one:

43 minutes ago, Rhys19762 said:

Hi all, I'm currently having a big issue with gta 5 in that in game especially when driving cars I am getting major stuttering. And just to be clear not fps drops, just small freezing as well as the audio stutters with it and cuts out for a few seconds. This has only become an issue recently and happens after 5-15 mins of starting the game. Some people say adding an ssd helps but I want to know that before spending loads of money. I ran task manager whilst playing and saw my disc was 100% and my memory was around 80%. Most other games run fine, and from time to time it's other programs using a lot of disc also suck as windows tasks and avg. I run the game on high 1080p settings with msaa 8 but graphics have never been an issue it's just the stuttering. So my question is what can I do to fix this. Any help is appreciated thanks! 

people cant help if you dont respond to them...

2 hours ago, Rhys19762 said:

Sorry forgot to mention I pay the settings on high but that has never been an issue and on 1080p. I don't know how to tell if my gpu and CPU are overheating but I doubt it.

Use MSI afterburner or HWmonitor. Check them out and tell us the temperatures that you get after a while. Regardless I have a feeling that this is caused by your hard drive.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

42 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

Maybe the hard drive is defective or badly fragmented? 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

29 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

people cant help if you dont respond to them...

He has to wait, it's a hassle. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

26 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Maybe the hard drive is defective or badly fragmented? 

Possible, if he's experiencing game freezes and then crashes, then it easily could be.