Newbie needing some input if somebody wouldn't mind

IVIundo

I'm upgrading my PC with my tax refund that I got this year and I'm pretty sure that it'll work fine but I wanted to run it by a few other people just in case. So, I'm mainly worried about the upgrade to my graphics card. My current mobo is: Gigabyte B85-HD3, my PSU is 600 W. and the graphics card I'm thinking about getting is the EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC from Amazon. Would there be any problems there? I'm not sure how hot the 1070 runs and how much more wattage it's going to use compared to my 970 currently. So should I buy a bigger case/better PSU/different mobo or what would you guys recommend to go with this card? (my current case is 18.5x7x17.5" LWH)

What brand/model of PSU?

You're pretty much going from 1060 3GB to 1070. 

What processor as well?

idk

5 minutes ago, IVIundo said:

I'm upgrading my PC with my tax refund that I got this year and I'm pretty sure that it'll work fine but I wanted to run it by a few other people just in case. So, I'm mainly worried about the upgrade to my graphics card. My current mobo is: Gigabyte B85-HD3, my PSU is 600 W. and the graphics card I'm thinking about getting is the EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC from Amazon. Would there be any problems there? I'm not sure how hot the 1070 runs and how much more wattage it's going to use compared to my 970 currently. So should I buy a bigger case/better PSU/different mobo or what would you guys recommend to go with this card? (my current case is 18.5x7x17.5" LWH)

PSU (as in power) wise, you are fine. Your current 600W should have no issue handling it. Just make sure you have the connection 6pin / whatever pin needed and you are good. Not sure if it will be "hot" in your current case thou.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

You do not have to upgrade the motherboard. Everything else is fine so long as the graphics card you are planning to get fits inside your current case. You will be getting a increase performance boost. Temperature wise, is dependent on your ambient temps and case cooling capacity. Your power supply is more than enough to handle a gtx 1070. Hope this helps with your build! :)

2 hours ago, VolkA said:

PSU (as in power) wise, you are fine. Your current 600W should have no issue handling it. Just make sure you have the connection 6pin / whatever pin needed and you are good. Not sure if it will be "hot" in your current case thou.

"Just make sure you have the connection 6pin / whatever pin needed and you are good. Not sure if it will be "hot" in your current case thou." 6pin from the PSU to the graphics card?

5 minutes ago, IVIundo said:

"Just make sure you have the connection 6pin / whatever pin needed and you are good. Not sure if it will be "hot" in your current case thou." 6pin from the PSU to the graphics card?

Different GPU require different numbers of pin to connect to it. Haha. As long as your PSU have that, no problem at all then. :)

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

43 minutes ago, Mrinsane said:

You do not have to upgrade the motherboard. Everything else is fine so long as the graphics card you are planning to get fits inside your current case. You will be getting a increase performance boost. Temperature wise, is dependent on your ambient temps and case cooling capacity. Your power supply is more than enough to handle a gtx 1070. Hope this helps with your build! :)

These are my current temps

ss+(2017-02-21+at+02.57.35).png

2 minutes ago, VolkA said:

Different GPU require different numbers of pin to connect to it. Haha. As long as your PSU have that, no problem at all then. :)

Ah ok, yeah that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure you weren't talking about something else lol. As I said I'm pretty new to this. Thanks for the help though man.