Nexus 5

Cataclyst

So I was thinking of changing my current phone which is an Sony Xperia Arc S to a Nexus 5 when it comes out here. So....what could you guys say about the Nexus 5?

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

So I was thinking of changing my current phone which is an Sony Xperia Arc S to a Nexus 5 when it comes out here. So....what could you guys say about the Nexus 5?

One nice phone.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Excellent. Get it, although no one really likes Google anymore...

no one likes Google....as you sit there using their services, browser, or other product

no one likes Google....as you sit there using their services, browser, or other product

It is almost forced upon us. They do supply the best internet services... Gmail, Youtube, Drive etc. We don't like all the info they have on each and every one of us. And then they complain about the NSA they basically have more stolen knowledge of every one then the NSA... Somethings up with them... 

Are you serious? I was joking... -.-

Google < Than any other search engine... thats why we use it...

I have an Arc S and i'm changing to Nexus 5. Awesome bro! :D

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

One nice phone.

Excellent. Get it, although no one really likes Google anymore...

Woah,i guess it must really be nice....I can't wait anymore hahaha. So excited! :))

I have an Arc S and i'm changing to Nexus 5. Awesome bro! :D

Nice man! I guess thats two of us! :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

It will be my next phone after my contract on my Galaxy Nexus runs out in about 20 days.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

Many hates Microsoft but use it anyway. The content you want is there. I have loved Google but reason event have relieved its ugly side.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

I just noticed,Im on the wrong forum xD. If some moderator can move this to the Consumer Electronics,Mobile Devices forum,im sorry :(. Didn't notice :(.

Btw,im gonna get the Nexus 5 at December :))))))

Spoiler

| CPU:

Good choice, I love my Nexus 5.

But the Nexus 5 here is pretty over priced...like $489 for the 16GB one :/

Spoiler

| CPU:

It's still a decent price for a phone of that spec IMO.

"An Excellent Signature"

It's still a decent price for a phone of that spec IMO.

But google's price is like $400 :( and its the 32GB one already

Spoiler

| CPU:

people seem to complain about the battery life and camera although imo camera isn't overly important but battery life on the other hand...

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

people seem to complain about the battery life and camera although imo camera isn't overly important but battery life on the other hand...

Im used to charging my phone everyday...so I don't think that it will bother me...also,I bring my charger with me anywhere I go. Also, about the camera, if you really want HD pictures, i'd use an ACTUAL camera. 8MP on a phone is enough lol xD

Spoiler

| CPU:

Im used to charging my phone everyday...so I don't think that it will bother me...also,I bring my charger with me anywhere I go. Also, about the camera, if you really want HD pictures, i'd use an ACTUAL camera. 8MP on a phone is enough lol xD

yeh im with you on that about the camera. If you are coming from something like an iphone than the battery will be decent to you. Kinda like my htc one people complain about its battery but i think its killer. Each to their own i guess :)

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

yeh im with you on that about the camera. If you are coming from something like an iphone than the battery will be decent to you. Kinda like my htc one people complain about its battery but i think its killer. Each to their own i guess :)

Yep,i agree hahaha :). Im pretty stoked about this phone :))). Hope i can get one on December hahahaha

Spoiler

| CPU:

Nexus 5 is a good phone but the only issue I have is that the loudspeaker is not very loud and headphone doesn't supply enough power. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Nexus 5 is a good phone but the only issue I have is that the loudspeaker is not very loud and headphone doesn't supply enough power. 

Ohhhh,i see...the loud speaker may be a problem..hmm....as for the headphone...im just an average user when it comes to phones so...i just use standard good quality earphones when im listening to music.

Spoiler

| CPU:

get the xperia z1 or nexus 5

no need to recommend anything else

is the z1 better than the nexus 5?

Well,its not Android 4.4 but has a whopping 20+MP Cam EXmor(the technology they use on their cameras) and its Water/Dust Resistant.

Spoiler

| CPU:

Well,its not Android 4.4 but has a whopping 20+MP Cam EXmor(the technology they use on their cameras) and its Water/Dust Resistant.

it is going to be sony have to actuly get the software and then optimize the phone

so it willhave the 4.4 kitkat just 1-2months later