Windows 10 Search not finding files

bobhays

So I recently got windows 10 installed on my desktop. I've been installing all my programs again and transferring files over. The search isn't find a lot of the files or programs.

On my D drive, I have a handbrake installation file called "Handbrake VXXXX.exe". When I search for handbrake nothing shows up. I don't think anything from my D drive shows up, that may be because it isn't indexed. Ok no biggie.

I then manually found the file and installed Handbrake which created a desktop icon. Now when I search for handbrake it finds the program like it should. But I dont want handbrake on my desktop so I deleted the shortcut. Now when I search handbrake it shows no results even though its installed on my C drive, in program files. I decided to index my entire C drive and it still doesn't find the files.

I shouldn't have to index my whole drive for it to find the file, but even after I did it's not finding it. It's only seems to be recognizing certain folder/libraries like desktop, documents, music, etc. and not program files (yes I already added it to the index).

Do you guys have any advice?

EDIT: I ended up just installing StartIsBack, the search works great, honestly better than the default windows search.