Ryzen topic #293840: Ryzen 7 coolers pictured, X models to also come with and without a Wraith cooler

captain cactus
1 minute ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

Meant i5 7600, I edited.

C) Total bologna as benchmarks are just speculation at this point

For the large Wraith cooler, it isn't. It's a revision of the current Wraith cooler, which does rival medium-high end coolers.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

For the large Wraith cooler, it isn't. It's a revision of the current Wraith cooler, which does rival medium-high end coolers.

Could be. But I have a feeling RyZen is only going to be a steal if you buy their R7 series. Which no budget AMD gamer is going to pay > 300$ + New AM4 Board + Cooler or not (dependent on version if OC or not) just to upgrade. That's going to be one hell of an expensive upgrade. 

And it's not really a steal for the i5 equivalent ones once you factor in the prices of the AM4 boards. They better have a dirt cheap one. 

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

20 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

If it going to take $300 to match an i5, then Ryzen will be a failure. And there's nothing more to discuss.

If anything the AM4 mobos will be cheaper than Intel equivalents, because a lot of the controllers usually borne by the mobo are now on the processor die. 

If. 

Back to the focus of the coolers... We know for sure that AMD's new stock coolers are nothing to scoff at. We get the option of having one included even on the highest end chip. With Intel there's no option at all. Say what you want about the adequacy of stock coolers for overclocking. Getting one bundled means costs savings and having the option is never a bad thing. 

Well, there are rumored some i5 equivalents are sub 180$. But only run at low 3.x ghz though. And, I don't know if the cooler they come with can actually handle it being oc'd to the same speed as the i5 7600. I'm just saying if the 4c/8t 180$ RyZen needs an additional cooler to get the same speed as a i5 7600, we're in trouble. We need to wait for benchmarks obviously as the extra 4 threads needs to be benched as well. Who knows if that will make any difference in gaming benchmarks though. But I still have a feeling RyZen will only be a steal for the Ryzen 7 series 

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017