Which CPU is right for me?

Pure performance without streaming the 7700k will be better stock or overclocked at the moment, haven't seen the Ryzen 4c/8t counterpart so can't speak for AMD.

Ryzen 3800x 4.4ghz 1.294v all core Noctua NH-D15 x570 Aorus Elite 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3600mhz 15-15-15-30 1T

XFX 5700 XT Thicc III Ultra Seasonic Focus+ 650w Platinum

2 hours ago, mealto said:

I am actually curious. Wouldn't the 7500 work just as well and you save some money?

Not really, as he is planning to game and stream at the same time.

It would "work", the question is just how well.

The 7500 would be just fine for gaming alone, but if you also have a stream running, it is recommended to have more than 4 cores, so that the games and the streaming (video processing etc) don't have to compete for the cores as much.

@PCbuilderJR

At this point in time I would definitely recommend to wait for ryzen and see how well it performs. Then either build a system around that platform (if it's good) or build your system on X99, then with (maybe) a bit lower prices.

For Gaming, Video Editing and streaming I would definitely go with more than 4 cores.

UI/UX Designer
CPU:
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.4GHz, Noctua NH D-15, GPU: MSI GTX 970, RAM: HyperX Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4, MoBo: AsRock Z170 extreme4 ATX, Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 128GB Toshiba M.2 SSD + 1TB WD Blue, PSU: Antec 650W, Fractal Design Define S