Looking for a nice headphones + mic combo!

Hello everyone, im currently searching for a new headset, but everyone keeps telling me that a nice pair of headphones with a modmic or similar will do better...

So , could you guys recommend me a nice pair of headphones to pair with either a modmic 4.0 or v-moda boom pro?

i could spend $150 approximately, thanks!

Edit: Im running a Asus Xonar DG soundcard

The Sennheiser HD 518's have been my daily driver for a while, and they perform great. I got them for 50$ on Amazon, I believe they were on sale however. Sadly they went up to 150 or so, but some sellers are selling used for around 90$

Openback: HD558, sounds quite similar to HD598, do a simple mod and you can turn them to hd598.

Closedback: AKG 553/550 or DT770 :D

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

All of the above are excellent (and thanks for Supporting ModMic!) - if you want to step down the quality a bit, I would add Philips SHP 9500 or Superlux 668 with replacement ear pads (VERY IMPORTANT) as an option as well. Could save you some cash and still give you impressive sound.

Just a few extra options, especially if your budget was 150 dollars total (the ModMic taking up ~50, leaving only 100 for the headphones puts you in a slightly different setup). End of the day though, HD558 is where I'd probably go if I could, even if I never intended to mod it.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!