Browsers seemed to be completely broken

A few days ago all my browsers started to play up, I haven't downloaded anything recently or had anything suspicious on my computer. Accessing nearly every website, via writing the web address at the top or googling it and clicking the links, it enters a page of what I think is security codes or such.. Google chrome on the other hand tries to download the webpages, and once it's done downloading, you can never open it.. Anyone seen this sort of thing happen, and more importantly, anyone know a fix. It's stopping me being able to do any work etc and is very infuriating. I've attached a picture of Edge opening into all these SSH things and Chrome just downloading any webpage you open.

Thanks

internet.jpg

Can you check if you have a malicious extension in chrome?

Can you scan the PC with malwarebytes? 

Does it do this for EVERY websites or are some websites not affected by this? (like LTT)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Re-installed Chrome multiple times, I haven't done a scan with Malwarebytes but I will. No, it seems to do it with a lot of sites, but some like this, not affected, I've just changed to using a wireless adapter via usb on my computer and it fixed the issue, but I only ever use an Ethernet cable and don't have access to a wireless adapter all the time (unless I buy one). I have given this cable to a friend using his PS4 to watch films online, not sure if this is a thing but I doubt his website is a trusted source, will that have anything to do with it do you think?

22 minutes ago, Luwak0000 said:

I have given this cable to a friend using his PS4 to watch films online, not sure if this is a thing but I doubt his website is a trusted source, will that have anything to do with it do you think?

Well a cable by itself can do no harm. Him accessing not so legal websites also shouldn't affect you as I don't think you live together?

If it works with wireless but not Wired, there's a chance something went wrong with your network driver, either due to a malicious software or hardware failure.

For now I highly suggest just scanning the computer with Malwarebytes and then do a scan with a Rescue Disc from the likes of Kaspersky, Bitdefender or whoever else and scan the computer "offline" (boot to the disc on POST, not windows)

Once that's done and hopefully no issues have been found, see if your problem is fixed, if not, uninstall your Ethernet driver and download the latest from the manufacturer's website.

If this still doesn't do it, humor me and reset your router. There are some malicious scripts that can infect the router itself. If an update is available for your router, do it. Just don't forget to secure the router once more, be it your wifi or the admin password needed to access the router in the first place. (do not leave it on the default setting)

If everything still fails when wired, I would try booting to a Live Linux CD, see if the browsers work fine there while wired. If it does, then it's not hardware related. At this point a few solutions are still open to you, but lets be honest here, the fastest would just be to format the whole thing. (after making sure you've backed up everything)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Resetting the network adapter seemed to do the trick! Going to do a full sweep of my system as well just to be sure. Thanks!