Canon teases New Camera...

Torand

The other day Canon posted on their Korean website (translated):

covered.jpg

Nov 2013, white world will start from Canon” (thanks @James_AJ )

Interesting. Might be a retaliation to Nikon's new DF camera, a new mirror-less, or maybe a new 7D/5D, although looks a little small for that doesn't it? Certainly, looks interesting none the less. What's with the white, multicolored DSLR's from Canon or just a black/white alternative?

What are your thoughts?

Source 1: http://www.slrlounge.com/canon-teases-new-camera-november-release?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Source 2: http://www.canon-ci.co.kr/microsite/event/201311/index.jsp

I'm korean and I can tell that the translation is slightly wrong. It's "Nov 2013, white world will start from Canon"

And for me this really doesn't look like a camera tease... but rather more like an event tease. But you're probably right.

could be a successor to the 100D but then again I would expect them to release the 750D first

Why canon, We need it now.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I'm korean and I can tell that the translation is slightly wrong. It's "Nov 2013, white world will start from Canon"

And for me this really doesn't look like a camera tease... but rather more like an event tease. But you're probably right.

I will correct it. :)

Some kind of mid to low end DSLR maybe.

could be a successor to the 100D but then again I would expect them to release the 750D first

Why? I mean, more, I hope they don't. They already have a low end DSLR, heck a few of them that are half decent. As for the 750d, same again really, it was too long ago before they went 650-700.

I hope its a new high end camera, the 6d is great but seems forgotten. The 7d, sorry 70d, trumps the 7d in so many areas its an illogical upgrade path, bar its build quality and some features. The fact that canon unlocked a faster burst rate on the 7d and also a few other goodies surprised me and both annoyed me. 

We'll just have to wait and see! :)

I doubt that's real cloth covering the camera  :lol:

it's just a drawing :/

I never said otherwise? Even if it is, it must resemble a capture of the final product?

Why? I mean, more, I hope they don't. They already have a low end DSLR, heck a few of them that are half decent. As for the 750d, same again really, it was too long ago before they went 650-700.

I hope its a new high end camera, the 6d is great but seems forgotten. The 7d, sorry 70d, trumps the 7d in so many areas its an illogical upgrade path, bar its build quality and some features. The fact that canon unlocked a faster burst rate on the 7d and also a few other goodies surprised me and both annoyed me. 

the 100D is actually quite popular due to the size its easy for people to go from point and shoot to the 100D and thats why it is there its by no means low end its mid end.

The other day Canon posted on their Korean website (translated):

covered.jpg

Nov 2013, white world will start from Canon” (thanks @James_AJ )

Interesting. Might be a retaliation to Nikon's new DF camera, a new mirror-less, or maybe a new 7D/5D, although looks a little small for that doesn't it? Certainly, looks interesting none the less. What's with the white, multicolored DSLR's from Canon or just a black/white alternative?

What are your thoughts?

Source 1: http://www.slrlounge.com/canon-teases-new-camera-november-release?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Source 2: http://www.canon-ci.co.kr/microsite/event/201311/index.jsp

I just bought a t3i :\... Wow I could have spent so much more if I just waited ughh...

Cuz the right side of the camera is higher which indicates a wheel on that side, all the low to mid end cameras got their wheel on the right hand side because they got no display on top.

High end cameras got their wheels to the left, the camera in the picture doesn't seem to have it there.

144Hz goodness

Cuz the right side of the camera is higher which indicates a wheel on that side, all the low to mid end cameras got their wheel on the right hand side because they got no display on top.

High end cameras got their wheels to the left, the camera in the picture doesn't seem to have it there.

I know that, but my point still stands.