Any way to check validity/versions of Windows keys?

ChuckMaurice

I have some Windows activation keys on a spreadsheet (mostly W7/W8.1 Pro keys gathered from legal student MS platform, MSDNAA), but I gave some to friends/family and used some others on old laptops, virtual machines... Some are even OEM and I don't think I can use them anymore. But I saw Windows 10 was still available as an upgrade from W7 and W8.1 in France, even if the delay expired apparently we can still use the "accessibility" loophole.

Anyway, is there a way to check if my keys are activated on computers, which version they cover, and if I can upgrade them as W10 keys?

I need one W7 and one W10 Pro for two spare computers and it will be useful.

[Insert smart comment here]

27 minutes ago, jldjul said:

Anyway, is there a way to check if my keys are activated on computers, which version they cover, and if I can upgrade them as W10 keys?

nope. Microsoft keeps activation software to themselves. The only way to test is to install the product

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

nope. Microsoft keeps activation software to themselves. The only way to test is to install the product

Will it warn me if the key is currently used and I risk disabling another computer by activating it? Kinda like my Office 365 can be installed on two computers and warns me when I install it.

Also is there any way to know, from some numbers on the key, which Windows version it is? As for now I'm always doing trial and error for Windows versions on post-install.

[Insert smart comment here]

38 minutes ago, jldjul said:

Will it warn me if the key is currently used and I risk disabling another computer by activating it? Kinda like my Office 365 can be installed on two computers and warns me when I install it.

Also is there any way to know, from some numbers on the key, which Windows version it is? As for now I'm always doing trial and error for Windows versions on post-install.

No and no

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

12 hours ago, jldjul said:

This would be incredibly silly for windows, considering each key is licensed to one computer (kindasorta). With Office, you're allowed to have 2 active installs, and warn you since they assume you'll be using it on multiple computers.

If you have a valid key that has NOT already been activated on a different computer, it'll work. If it's already been activated elsewhere, it'll fail to activate and that's that.