ISPs ask lawmakers to kill privacy rules

SirMonti
16 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

Politics for politics sake. Fuck everyone but them.  Politics needs to be removed from tech and we have to get these people who are tech illiterate out of tech decision making. Why do politicians and a lot of their constituants see issues as black or white when its never that simple. 

That's a rather dangerous precedent you're setting there. Technocracy isn't exactly freedom either, rather people are getting controlled by tech. I think this is a good read for you, if you could find the book.

http://www.scottlondon.com/reviews/sclove.html

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

2 hours ago, FPSwithaWacomTablet said:

That's a rather dangerous precedent you're setting there. Technocracy isn't exactly freedom either, rather people are getting controlled by tech. I think this is a good read for you, if you could find the book.

http://www.scottlondon.com/reviews/sclove.html

Dangerous precedent in what sense? (curious)

The reason I say that is because we need radical changes in politics stateside. Things have been going in the shitter for quite a long time and it doesnt seem like anything will change for the better unless something really drastic happens in politics (which is unlikely to happen). Part of the issue is that politics here are seen as black or white (dem or rep) when the bulk of the issues are not that clear cut. The mindset of within the political spectrum (at least based on how things have happening recently) is oh, this was passed by dems, lets kill it off, and vice versa. We also seem to have people who arent qualified for their positions taking up major roles in govt. Basically I feel like the people are getting screwed for politics sake.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

19 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

On a side note, i'm already missing Wheeler.

19 hours ago, SirMonti said:

I was surprised how well he did.  I want him back in office

What's funny is I posted an article about FCC's new chairman (article was from Ars) and a lot of the responses were basically "Wheeler was no different, so same shit, different guy."

I'll let that sink in for a moment.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

What's funny is I posted an article about FCC's new chairman (article was from Ars) and a lot of the responses were basically "Wheeler was just the same, so same shit, different guy."

I'll let that sink in for a moment.

I assume most people will say this because he was a lobbyist for isp's, but unlike Pai, he didn't seem adamant (publically) about handing everything back to the ISP's on a silver platter from the get go. Let's hope i'm wrong long term. We're in for a hell of a ride.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14