Switch or no switch?

LyricalRain018

Hey guys, really have a tough decision to make. I am going to build a gaming pc from scratch, but i heard the switch is getting released. So now should i get the switch and game on a 1080p pc with rx 480, or not buy the switch and game on a 1440p pc with gtx 1070. It really is a dilemma. Any reply will be appreciated. 

If you're okay with the launch tities, I would get Switch + 480. If none of the launch titles interest you, get a 1070 now, and Switch later when the game you want comes out.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

If you're okay with the launch tities, I would get Switch + 480. If none of the launch titles interest you, get a 1070 now, and Switch later when the game you want comes out.

Well you see that if i want to get the switch, i have to fit it in my budget. So if i get a 1070 build, i cannot get the switch. The only way i can get it is if i get an rx 480 build. Is the switch really great? Also, i'm interested in zelda, although i haven't played any other zelda game.

Switch or no Switch...that is the question. ;)

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

35 minutes ago, LyricalRain018 said:

Hey guys, really have a tough decision to make. I am going to build a gaming pc from scratch, but i heard the switch is getting released. So now should i get the switch and game on a 1080p pc with rx 480, or not buy the switch and game on a 1440p pc with gtx 1070. It really is a dilemma. Any reply will be appreciated. 

You can do 1440p gaming with an RX 480 pretty well

but what's your budget/country and current display set up?

It sounds like you were going to buy a display with the PC, also the switch only has like one launch title worth a damn, and CEMU(the WiiU emulator) is coming along nicely

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

41 minutes ago, LyricalRain018 said:

Well you see that if i want to get the switch, i have to fit it in my budget. So if i get a 1070 build, i cannot get the switch. The only way i can get it is if i get an rx 480 build. Is the switch really great? Also, i'm interested in zelda, although i haven't played any other zelda game.

I haven't played a Zelda game either because they're not my cup of tea, but I've heard nothing but good things about them so I think you'll like it. Look at the other hand coming for switch and determine if they're games your want to play. If your interest is this high, it seems it would be worth it for you to get it.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'd get the more powerful PC and pick up the Switch at the end of the year when it has a real library of games (especially the new Mario game). There is also a rumour about a 4k-capable Switch using GTX 1060 level graphics in the dock in the works. Not sure I believe it though. I think the only current gen console worth buying for a PC gamer is the PS4 for the exclusives like Bloodborne, The Last of Us, Uncharted series, Nioh, and Horizon Zero Dawn (plus Red Dead Redemption 2 is scheduled for this fall). Unless you're either looking for a handheld or are a big Zelda fan, I don't see buying the Switch until the Christmas 2017 season.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I'd get the more powerful PC and pick up the Switch at the end of the year when it has a real library of games (especially the new Mario game). There is also a rumour about a 4k-capable Switch using GTX 1060 level graphics in the dock in the works. Not sure I believe it though. I think the only current gen console worth buying for a PC gamer is the PS4 for the exclusives like Bloodborne, The Last of Us, Uncharted series, Nioh, and Horizon Zero Dawn (plus Red Dead Redemption 2 is scheduled for this fall). Unless you're either looking for a handheld or are a big Zelda fan, I don't see buying the Switch until the Christmas 2017 season.

You're right. I already have a ps4, so i won't buy the switch.

switch if u need to go places keep in mind some games on pc are on the switch like skyrim, minecraft, etc

pc if u dont need to go places and dont mind sitting in a dark room forever

I regret getting a pc and not getting something I can take places because I cant spend time with friends or take it to there house if I want to game and if u go somewhere u cant play games

On 2/15/2017 at 7:14 PM, Gamerguy207 said:

switch if u need to go places keep in mind some games on pc are on the switch like skyrim, minecraft, etc

pc if u dont need to go places and dont mind sitting in a dark room forever

I regret getting a pc and not getting something I can take places because I cant spend time with friends or take it to there house if I want to game and if u go somewhere u cant play games

wish i got a laptop and not a desktop. I feel like the cost difference and this forum screaming desktop forget laptop kinda persuaded me. 

On 2/17/2017 at 10:10 AM, michaelocarroll007 said:

wish i got a laptop and not a desktop. I feel like the cost difference and this forum screaming desktop forget laptop kinda persuaded me. 

You could get  a desktop and switch with the amount of money it would cost to get a halfway decent gaming laptop that performs like a $120 GPU. I've had 2 gaming laptops before I moved to desktop. Trust me. They're not worth it.

On 2/14/2017 at 11:36 PM, LyricalRain018 said:

whats your total budget