PC a box?

hardtofindinthefuture

Is there any rish of making a PC in a box?

like a PSU overheat?
OR a static interference

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

Potential fire hazard in the long term.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Well, a card box Its not a great conducting material neither solid/waterproof/humidity, etc... So as soon as It gets wet because of ambient humidity, something spilled, or anything like that youll have to build a new one, so as a challenge It sounds interesting but I dont think Its practical.

It's not practical, preferably you should use a test bench.

The geek himself.

With the right material it can be done (safely).  A nice finished wood box would probably be better than just some cardboard box.  Make sure it's well ventilated and that your components are all on some kind of standoffs, not actually making contact with the wood.  Drawer PCs come to mind.

If you have a component hot enough to light cardboard on fire, you have other issues xD.

You're fine.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Well it depends on how well it's ventilated, if it has a couple of wide holes with fans or your system isn't very hot then it should work fine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Biggerboot said:

With the right material it can be done (safely).  A nice finished wood box would probably be better than just some cardboard box.  Make sure it's well ventilated and that your components are all on some kind of standoffs, not actually making contact with the wood.

Well the story is i got a Emachines PC for FREE for some reason

And it was to heavy

(i don't lift bro)

I took it apart and put in a random box in the basement

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

1 minute ago, v0nn_toaster said:

Well the story is i got a Emachines PC for FREE for some reason

And it was to heavy

(i don't lift bro)

I took it apart and put in a random box in the basement

Oh, if you just mean for storing, just wrap it in some bubblewrap.  The box wont kill the parts but overtime the box could get damp from humidity. 

2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Oh, if you just mean for storing, just wrap it in some bubblewrap.  The box wont kill the parts but overtime the box could get damp from humidity. 

Not 4 storage

FOR RUNNING CRYSIS AT MAX AT 4K!!!!

or just using MS paint

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

3 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Is it a cardboard box?

Cardboard doesn't hold static, why you use the box the motherboard came in to test it. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

9 minutes ago, App4that said:

Cardboard doesn't hold static, why you use the box the motherboard came in to test it. 

I wasn't going to say it does.  It's just not something I would suggest for the long term.  Just probably would be a good idea to ventilate it and use some kind of motherboard standoffs to avoid not just overheating but humidity buildup (or the risk of just getting damp).  Use it like a normal case.  

In the short term, no issues.  I've used mobos on cardboard before (raspberry pis especially).

had the LAN PC 1.0 in one, no problems exept for mounting

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

i think it was the WAN show from freegeek they brought out a cardboard box PC, think it was even water cooled, so will it work? yes, would you be the first or last to do it? no